REUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY TO THAILAND

Sorry if this question have been asked 100;s of times before. I have a swedish friend that is coming here to Thailand soon and will be moving to here.... I like to ask you guys that knows these things...

What do they require documentswise, I believe as being marrined to a thai lady, he will apply at the embassy in Sweden för a non immigrant O based on thaiwife and being married to her.

What else does he  need to be able to enter Thailand.... He is also vaccinated in full as well.. Moreover, does he needs to have an insurance as well??

thanks for your input,

glegolo

Edited by glegolo18

Getting a Non O visa in advance is one good approach, though also possible is entering Thailand visa exempt and applying for a Non O visa at Immigration while in Thailand.

In order to get a Certificate of Entry (COE) to enter Thailand, insurance of minimum $100,000 covering treatment for Covid is required. This must cover the duration of the initial permission to stay received on entry (90 days with a Non O visa, and 45 days if entering visa exempt).

At the current time, vaccination provides only limited benefits as far as Thai immigration is concerned. It does allow entry to "sandbox" locations without formal quarantine (notably Phuket). Travel other than to a sandbox requires 14 days quarantine in an approved hotel (ASQ or ALQ).

Although you can get useful information at this site, I would suggest contacting the Thai embassy in Stockholm for the nitty gritty details of application for a visa and a COE. Local variations exist.

• Like 1