Takeaways in malls allowed only by phone at specified pickup locations

snoop1130

Website-Thumbnail-Set-42.png

A GrabFood delivery driver picks up orders of the limited edition K-pop band “BTS Meal” from a McDonald’s branch in Bangkok on July 16, 2021, as dine-in bans continue due to Covid-19 restrictions across the country. Lillian SUWANRUMPHA / AFP

Takeaway food in malls is only allowed at specified pickup locations according to the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), following confusion and complaints that delivery is the only option under newly imposed semi-lockdown measures.

Either order food through delivery apps to be delivered or call the restaurant to order for collection.

This means eateries in malls will organise an area in supermarkets for pick up and for waiting, with social distancing.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/takeaways-in-malls-allowed-only-by-phone-at-specified-pickup-locations/

Logo-top-.png
  • Haha 1

Are there any test/monitoring/cleansing routines for all these delivery drivers or are they free to roam totally unchecked or supervised?

Edited by fangless
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fangless said:

Are there any test/monitoring/cleansing routines for all these delivery drivers or are they free to roam totally unchecked or supervised?

How would you suppose they deliver food all over town or city if they were checked and supervised?

The Grab guy delivering my food the other day used hand sanitizer before he even touched the plastic bag holding my food, and of course he was well masked too. What more should they do? It's good enough for me. 

Recently while driving to a new job in Ohio, I checked into a hotel for the night.  I then drove down the street to a Chipotle that I saw on the way in.  The door was locked.  You could NOT walk in and order a takeout.  you could NOT phone in a takeout. You had to use a phone App to order.  I am not sure, but I don't think you could use your computer to order because they check whatever is displayed on your smart phone when you pick things up. I don't have a smart phone.  And I was not going to go back to the hotel, open up my PC to see if I could order that way.  Weird little city and store.  So they don't get my business for that day.  No big deal.  But what I found more disturbing is one had to use their online app, which means signing in, getting an account, now getting some of your information monitored and collected.  Ugh I hate such things. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JensenZ said:

How would you suppose they deliver food all over town or city if they were checked and supervised?

The Grab guy delivering my food the other day used hand sanitizer before he even touched the plastic bag holding my food, and of course he was well masked too. What more should they do? It's good enough for me. 

Good for your guy but what about all the others who are not taking any precautions and just "Grabing" the food and delivering it unchecked possibly going from self isolating/infected customer to the next?

• Like 1

Then, having collected your MacD from a central socially distanced collection point, you carry it home in a crammed full SkyTrain carriage, eat it, and then drive to Chiang Rai overnight, taking the virus you picked up on the SkyTrain with you.

It's lockdown Jim, but not as we know it.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2021 at 6:48 AM, fangless said:

Good for your guy but what about all the others who are not taking any precautions and just "Grabing" the food and delivering it unchecked possibly going from self isolating/infected customer to the next?

It's impossible to monitor the activities of thousands of Grab deliverers, so what's the solution? What should they do? Send an observer to watch every Grab deliverer, following them from restaurant to homes? Should they close it down so no one can have food delivered and send more people out looking for food (and let all the restaurants still open and hanging on by a thread shut down forever)? There's no perfect solution.

I have food delivered 3 or 4 times a week and the risk of getting an infection from them is way lower than hanging out in the supermarket with 100's of other shoppers. Now that they shortened shopping hours, they are more crowded than ever.

On 8/7/2021 at 1:59 PM, JensenZ said:

I have food delivered 3 or 4 times a week and the risk of getting an infection from them is way lower than hanging out in the supermarket with 100's of other shoppers. Now that they shortened shopping hours, they are more crowded than ever.

Of course it is.... I can isolate myself from going too close quite readily at the gate.....