visa exemption

hello guys ,  i will come to Thailand in October , i book a ticket for stay around 40 days without a visa  but i just see the visa exemption with 45 days is until 30 September ,  

do you think they will extend that period of 45 days ? 

i know i can extend  for 30 days more but that for the  airline  they will not let me go without an exit ticket before 30 days 

and the covid extension , you think they will extend it too ?? 

thank you 

OP, you can buy the cheapest onward flight ticket as a throw away.

You could also Google sites such as "rent a flight etc. It's a cheap option.

As for extension. Immigration will want you to first obtain a 30day extension to your visa exempt entry.

After that you could obtain 'covid extension' 60 days. 

The availability of covid extensions most likely to be extended.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The airline may want to see a ticket out of the country within 45 days. If it is less than 45 days it will still be accepted.

Actually I have a return ticket like 6 October to 9 November  but if they put 30 days again I need to change the ticket  because it’s more than 30 days  

7 minutes ago, thai006 said:

Actually I have a return ticket like 6 October to 9 November  but if they put 30 days again I need to change the ticket  because it’s more than 30 days  

They (airline) should allow onward flight up to 45 days as that's what you will be stamped in for upon arrival in Thailand.

30 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

They (airline) should allow onward flight up to 45 days as that's what you will be stamped in for upon arrival in Thailand.

The point I’m scared is that  they say until 30 September , hope it will extend 

For a visit of up to 45 days**
(**Previous permitted period of stay was 30 days; the extension to 45 days will be in effect until 30 September 2021)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, thai006 said:

The point I’m scared is that  they say until 30 September , hope it will extend 

Unless they eliminate the 14 day quarantine I am sure it will be extended beyond September 30th.

I cannot see the quarantine being done away with by then. That was a date they expected it be done away with by.

• Like 1

They will most likely NOT reduce the exempt entry to 30 days, at least not while AQ entry is required.

But it is something to keep an eye out for.

If you really worry it may be smart to just apply for a Tourist visa to remove that as a possible issue. 

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre
  • Like 2