Pattaya: 60,000 doses of Sinopharm for local residents will arrive this month

Jonathan Fairfield

The cost is 888 baht per dose and the Pattaya mayor Sontaya Kunplome said that the 88 million baht budget had been prepared and was soon to be transferred in full. 

My guess it will be provided free to those getting the shots.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, OneZero said:

My guess it will be provided free to those getting the shots.

Hope you are right, outrageous otherwise, when you consider the massive daily food handouts being provided and funded by both good hearted Thais and Westerners.

Edited by sapson
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Scrotobike said:

More Chinese vaccines?

Way to go Thailand!

Please explain the long queue that I saw in Chiang Mai for the Chinese vaccines from westerners recently if they are 'ineffective' as claimed by certain people..

IMG_3893-1581x900.jpg

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, EricTh said:
3 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

More Chinese vaccines?

Way to go Thailand!

Please explain the long queue that I saw in Chiang Mai for the Chinese vaccines from westerners recently if they are 'ineffective' as claimed by certain people..

If you havent eaten for a week, most people would eat stale bread and cheese if it was offered.

But you can be assured the Junta and their families, friends, hangers-on and assorted sycophants will be fine dining daily.

Edited by sapson
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

IMG_3893-1581x900.jpg

Are you sure about this being a fact or are you creating fake news?

Thailand is still giving out AZ.

Which certain people are claiming these vaccines are ineffective? 

I certainly think some vaccines (eg any non-Chinese vaccine) are more effective than others (eg any Chinese Vaccine) against Delta Covid. You disagree with this - then educate me and point me to some science.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sapson said:

If you havent eaten for a week, most people would eat stale bread and cheese if it was offered.

But you can be assured the Junta and their families, friends, hangers-on and assorted sycophants will be fine dining daily.

That's bs. Most of these citizens have the option to go back to their countries and have other vaccines.

My talk with some of the people who were in the queue yesterday never thought that Chinese vaccines are 'stale bread' or ineffective , only certain bigots would think that way.

Only dumb people would eat 'stale bread' everyday when they have the option to go back home and eat 'fresh bread', don't you think so?

By the way, I just talked to some Krungsri bank staff this morning, the bank sponsored Sinopharm for all their staff including manager. Yeah, they all must like eating 'stale bread' then....lol

Edited by EricTh
  • Sad 2

It will be a lot higher then 888. I have a Thai friend who was quoted 2500 Baht for 2 jabs

https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG210610123020586

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Chulabhorn Royal Academy (CRA) has set the price for the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, procured from China’s state-owned Sinopharm, at 888 baht.

CRA secretary-general Dr. Nithi Mahanonda announced that this rate covers transportation, storage and insurance for side effects. However, it does not include service and the vaccination administration fees charged by hospitals.

Edited by Rimmer
Please DO NOT post in giant fonts

1 hour ago, Scrotobike said:

Are you sure about this being a fact or are you creating fake news?

Thailand is still giving out AZ.

Which certain people are claiming these vaccines are ineffective? 

I certainly think some vaccines (eg any non-Chinese vaccine) are more effective than others (eg any Chinese Vaccine) against Delta Covid. You disagree with this - then educate me and point me to some science.

Skeptics like you will always be skeptical even if I showed you 1000 evidences.

There have been many reports on efficacy published on the BangkokPost by neutral Thai researchers (that is not paid by propagandists),  if you were really concerned about science, you would have read that news and not make this bigoted statement. It's obvious you are not concerned about any science but blind prejudice.

That photo was taken in Chiang Mai recently. I went there yesterday and there were tons of westerners queuing up for so-called 'useless' Sinovac.

Why don't you ask any staff at Mccormick hospital to send you the photos of the long queue of westerners getting their shot.

Edited by EricTh

9 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Skeptics like you will always be skeptical even if I showed you 1000 evidences.

There have been many reports on efficacy published on the BangkokPost by neutral Thai researchers (that is not paid by propagandists),  if you were really concerned about science, you would have read that news and not make this bigoted statement. It's obvious you are not concerned about any science but blind prejudice.

That photo was taken in Chiang Mai recently. I went there yesterday and there were tons of westerners queuing up for so-called 'useless' Sinovac.

Why don't you ask any staff at Mccormick hospital to send you the photos of the long queue of westerners getting their shot.

Good to see the CCP has some supporters here

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Only dumb people would eat 'stale bread' everyday when they have the option to go back home and eat 'fresh bread', don't you think so?

Its not easy for many people to go back to their own country.

Read the many reports not fantasy regarding the effectiveness of Sinovac by qualified medical professionals ,with many of those staff succumbing to the delta strain of  covid having been double vaccinated.

Dont think their is much doubt many would  prefer given the choice to have a vaccine endorsed worldwide such as Pfizer or Moderna.

However any vaccine is certainly better than none.

• Like 2

According to some members here we are not allowed to dislike a product because it doesn't work or do what it says on the tin, because to do so would be "bigoted".

Utter BS Eric, I want a product that works and protects me from the very transmissible Delta variant, nothing more, nothing less, so crawl back into your CCP sponsored hole. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

A drop in the ocean, and not the vaccine anyone want anyway, and PAY for it as well, many countries are vaccinating people for free, here they have the audacity to make a business out of it...

I believe Pattaya city hall is paying for the vaccine, not the residents.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I believe Pattaya city hall is paying for the vaccine, not the residents.

Kind of a pedantic point, but where's city hall get their money from?  There's no such thing as a "free" vaccine.  Residents will be paying, one way or another.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, impulse said:

"free" vaccin

12 hours ago, impulse said:

"There's no such thing as a "free" vaccine." Well there is in other countries, so why not Thailand? Is there no end to certain people getting rich from this pandemic? 

Mosquitoes ????

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Mosquitoes ????

"There's no such thing as a "free" vaccine." Well there is in other countries, so why not Thailand? Is there no end to certain people getting rich from this pandemic? 

21 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

According to some members here we are not allowed to dislike a product because it doesn't work or do what it says on the tin, because to do so would be "bigoted".

Utter BS Eric, I want a product that works and protects me from the very transmissible Delta variant, nothing more, nothing less, so crawl back into your CCP sponsored hole. 

I could tell by the spelling Eric is here with a motive.

888 baht per doze ? Interesting price.

I did read somewhere AZ cost around $5 and Pfyser around $25.

So does that mean Chinese vaccine cost more than other 2 or Thailand is taxing it ? 

I believe quoted prices was for US market 

7 minutes ago, BestB said:

888 baht per doze ? Interesting price.

I did read somewhere AZ cost around $5 and Pfyser around $25.

So does that mean Chinese vaccine cost more than other 2 or Thailand is taxing it ? 

I believe quoted prices was for US market 

The number 8 is lucky for Chinese, so 888 is even more lucky. Check out Kasikornbank telephone numbers for example.

On 8/7/2021 at 11:36 PM, Chris.B said:

The number 8 is lucky for Chinese, so 888 is even more lucky. Check out Kasikornbank telephone numbers for example.

With this vaccine, that's what they will be relying on, luck.