Current therapeutics or drugs to treat covid-19 patients

watgate

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210802005236/en/SaNOtize-inks-agreement-with-Indian-biotech-Glenmark-to-commercialize-Nitric-Oxide-Nasal-Spray-for-COVID-19-treatment-in-India-and-other-Asian-markets                                                                                     

Sheryl- I am hoping Thailand will acquire the above treatment that other Asia countries and starting to use in their treatment for covid-19. My question to you is do you know what therapeutic drugs Thailand is currently using for early treatment of covid-19 patients? I know they are big into Fah Talai Jone (aka green chiretta) but what other drugs or medicines are they currently using to treat covid-19 patients? My understanding is that early treatment is very important.

Official guidelines (updated on june 25) here :

Link : https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/file/guidelines/g_CPG_25June21.pdf

They dropped chloroquine and azithromycin. They do not look at ivermectin (officially at least)...

So... some anti virals, the thai plant, cortisteroids, a little bit of remdesivir (despite the fact that even WHO says it doesn't work)...

To summarize : officially it's a disaster... They do not much.

Such "inertia" to try everything, to throw everything we have at this damned virus... is inexcusable.

Governements around the world told us... one year ago that we were "at war" against the virus...

It's disturbing to see that the only weapon they want to use (not as efficient as promoted).... is the vaccine.

Nothing outside the vaccine. Just the vaccine.

For the rest : shut your mouth, stay home (or in a hospital room), take paracetamol and check your temperature twice a day.

This "policy" is seen in most of the countries around the world...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That’s a great question. I would love to see a detailed answer. Though early treatment is of course a vitally important issue, I find it shockingly negligent of health authorities (in Thailand and worldwide) not to have emphasized the importance of ‘prevention’ as well as cure. That is, what everyone should be doing to prepare our bodies to ward off the ill effects of viral infection.

Prime example is dealing with obesity. We have known for over a year that obesity increases your risk of severe COVID-19 illness and triples your risk of hospitalization. It is associated with chronic inflammation, impairs your immune function, decreases your lung capacity and increases your risk of ending up on invasive mechanical ventilation. Note that the connection between obesity and COVID-19 is particularly strong in the UNDER 65’s.

Note also that studies suggest that vaccines tend to be less effective in obese individuals.

Overweight is defined as having a BMI of 25 kg/m2 or greater, while obesity is defined as a BMI of 30 kg/m2 or greater. If you are overweight, I strongly suggest you do something about it. Personally, my BMI was 25.5 and so I dieted and lost 10% of my body weight, which I have sustained all year.

In addition to losing weight, all advice I have read recommends building your immune system so that if you catch COVID-19 your body will have a better chance to ward off severe symptoms. Plenty of directions out there with a search, but why hasn’t this been widely publicized and promoted by governments?

For other preventative measures, Google ‘MATH + Protocol’.

Good luck everyone. For most people your good health is in your own hands and really is up to you.

• Like 1

Most Covid treatment globally is centered around supportive therapy as there is no drug that will effectively kill a replicating Covid-19 virus in your body as yet. Supportive Oxygen, Bronchial dialtor via Nebulizers, supportive fluids are the backbone of treatment protocols. Favipirivir is currently being tested and is slated as part of that supportive therapy. 

Favipiravir  https://aseannow.com/topic/1226543-thailand-introduces-favipiravir-syrup/?tab=comments#comment-16716475

Give it six months and there will be a plethora of new COVID drugs coming to market. Too much money to be made.

There is some thought that immuno suppressants are the next big thing.

Edited by phetphet