Phuket Governor vows to bring justice to Swiss tourist murdered

snoop1130

1628230962_1-org.jpg

Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew (centre) expressed his deepest condolences and vowed that Phuket officials would do their utmost to deliver justice. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew this morning vowed to bring justice for the killing of Swiss tourist Nicole Sauvain-Weisskopf, whose body was found near the Ao Yon Waterfall on Phuket’s east coast yesterday afternoon.

The body of Ms Sauvain-Weisskopf, 57, was found by a local resident yesterday. She is believed to have been raped and murdered.

“I, Narong Woonciew, the Governor of Phuket Province, am really saddened by the passing of Ms Nicole Sauvain-Weisskopf, a Swiss national who came to Thailand as a tourist under the Phuket Sandbox programme on July 13, 2021,” Governor Narong said in English at the Phuket Sandbox Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) in Phuket Town this morning (Aug 6).

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-governor-vows-to-bring-justice-to-swiss-tourist-murdered-80952.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-08-06

• Like 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

I, Narong Woonciew, the Governor of Phuket Province, am really saddened by the passing of Ms Nicole Sauvain

And I, Tarteso, the expat, am in chock by the vile, heinous, cruel Rape and Murder of Ms Nicole Saivain.

Edited by Tarteso

Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew (centre) expressed his deepest condolences and vowed that Phuket officials would do their utmost to deliver justice

I hope officials always do their upmost to deliver justice. That's their job.

Ah TIT - I keep forgetting.

I wonder who was with her. 

Surely no one, male or female, hikes into unfamiliar hills on their own, even in their home country.  Way too much can go wrong even without something like this; snakes, falls, taken ill, even a bad sprain or turning an ankle, can put you in danger.  About the first thing you learn about hill walking is; don't be alone.  A Swiss would have known this.