Infosat TV problem

fredwiggy

I have Infosat for satellite. Sometimes my tv would go to this black screen with a message, exclamation point,no signal (in Thai). If I just restarted the device, it would go back to the channels. It did this the other day and I can't return to regular TV. I can use Netflix and dvd's no problem, and with Netflix, I do have a signal, so I don't know what to use on my remote. On my Samsung remote, I of course have the right source picked out, HDMI/DVI. If I go to menu, and hit Sat, the tv list comes up, and I still have ALL TV chosen, so that's not it. If I hit TV/R, a small box comes up with question marks, and nothing happens. Before, when I re-started, it would work, but not now. Any help?

2 hours ago, johng said:

Use the "Source"  button on the remote to choose the  input that the Satellite receiver is connected to.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71EigmMfn1L.jpg

I've used the system for three years, with little trouble, until recently. That's why I'm asking if others have had this problem and what to do. Netflix works, and the regular satellite channels did also, until a few days ago. I got the tv back once, just re-starting it, but now nothing I try works. I'm thinking I might have to get someone out here to check the system, as seeing Netflix works with the same system makes it weird that the other channels I can't access. Like I mentioned, I have it on HDMI/DVI, where it's supposed to be. I'm meaning the satellite remote, where I think the trouble is.

Edited by fredwiggy

Perhaps the HDMI port is dead  either on the TV or the sat box

can you  try plugging the sat box into another HDMI on the TV    also if the satbox and tv has  old style phono  plugs  ( yellow, red and white)

try that connection instead  the picture will not be as good but it will help to diagnose  if satbox or tv HDMI port is dead.

It has the yellow, red and white hookup already. TV is only 3 years old, so that shouldn't be the problem. It's just weird that just recently this happened. I thought it was just a matter of a button on the infosat remote. Everything's in Thai, so it doesn't help me. Netflix works, so it's not the tv ,wifi or satellite problem.

8 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

of course have the right source picked out, HDMI/DVI.

5 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

It has the yellow, red and white hookup already.

Well  the phono connection  yellow,red and white  is not HDMI/DVI   

it would be called something like AV1 or AV2

8 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Everything's in Thai, so it doesn't help me

There is almost certainly an option to change to English language  on the satbox

don't you have any spotty Thai teenagers nearby who could change the menu setting to English

for you ????

The TV is in English. Just the infosat messages are in Thai. It's just strange that this happened occasionally before, and re-starting the box always got the channels back. Now all I get is the exclamation point, with the message, no signal (told by a friend), every time I try re-starting. Nothing's been changed. It just started recently and I can't get it back to regular channels. I'm thinking maybe the box is defective? Only way to tell is to get someone out here in the sticks to look at it.