Thai civil court rejects ban on rubber bullets, orders police to exercise more caution

snoop1130

Rubber-bullet.png

Thailand’s Civil Court rejected an application for an injunction forbidding the police from using rubber bullets against anti-establishment protesters, citing the necessity under the State of Emergency to bring “emergencies” under control, but has instructed police officers to exercise greater caution.

The application was submitted by two journalists, who were hit by rubber bullets while reporting on a demonstration last month, complaining that the police’s action violated the Public Assembly Act.

The Court ruled that the emergency decree currently prohibits demonstrations, activities or assembly in a congested area or incitement to do so. The Public Assembly Act is not applicable to the current circumstances, so the police have the right to perform their duties and choose the most appropriate means with which to achieve that, including the use of rubber bullets.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-civil-court-rejects-ban-on-rubber-bullets-orders-police-to-exercise-more-caution/

Logo-top-.png
  • Sad 6

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

so the police have the right to perform their duties and choose the most appropriate means with which to achieve that, including the use of rubber bullets.

Hmm, carte blanche by the looks of it. Shotguns, pistols, rifles, grenades, batons, tear gas, armoured trucks, water cannon, shipping containers, microwave and sonic devices...The list goes on.

And when a copper gets hit with an air rifle pellet, he whinges to social media. Oh, poor me. I just shot 2 journalists with rubber bullets (probably not him what done it, guv...) but some <deleted> shot back...

Edited by Scott Tracy
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Any authority in any country, which has to shoot its own people, with whatever kind of weaponry, BB guns, water cannons or rubber bullets -  is a failed state ........ me thinks! 

So society should just let rioters do as they wish?

The left wing mayors in several US towns let that happen. Results: billions of dollars in property damage, arson & looted goods.  Completely innocent people with their businesses destroyed, mob beatings, murders and rapes was the result.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Iron Tongue said:

The left wing mayors in several US towns let that happen. Results: billions of dollars in property damage, arson & looted goods.  Completely innocent people with their businesses destroyed, mob beatings, murders and rapes was the result.

you are talking about extremists, regardless of left or right..... but funny that you just mention the left wing mayors by any chance did you purposely forgot any potential right wings mayors. In order for people to arrive at such extremes one has to search why it happen, was democracy, people's rights/freedoms and so forth removed/taken away from them, dialogue is or should be first step prior to any use of force/violence and leaders or any kind (left and/or right) should try to appease such manifestations and not call for violence as some leader in your US did or keeps doing

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

Noted, Sir; My reference was more to the extent of the situation in Thailand and not the US. The riots here are differently motivated and a lack of dialogue with the government, albeit a "democratically" endorsed military-junta, resulted in these riots of political nature.

A complete ignorance by the government towards the people it should serve resulted in the riots which subsequently were "shot" down with massive weaponry. People are dying, go hungry and are left unemployed with debts piling left, right and centre; their "leaders" keep buying submarines, aircraft and other military toys instead of getting those millions of fellow countrymen back on track. If under these conditions the executive starts shooting the legislative it seems, to my unimportant and irrelevant belief, the proof of a failed state. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

Rubber bullets aimed at the eyes (face-head) are still designed to maim and blind. I'm sure the police know the dangers of rubber bullets aimed at the heads of demonstrators. 

Then why do they do it??

A couple of my souvenirs from some of my tours of Northern Ireland circa early 70's 

The black rubber one can hurt like hell from a direct hit, the resin one is viscous, allegedly it can kill a sheep, that's why they are taught to fire them so they ricochet from the ground not fire directly at target.

20210812_164941.jpg