Expatvac & Willy Wonka

Thailand

Much the same, everone waiting for the golden ticket. Hourly checks of the email/SMS to see if they have received that golden appointment for a vax that may or may not be Pfizer in a location that may or may not be practical for them to get to.

12 days in from original launch of the lottery and have yet to see a genuine confirmation from anyone of an appointment for the elusive vax.

Who will be first?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Thailand said:

12 days in from original launch of the lottery and have yet to see a genuine confirmation from anyone of an appointment for the elusive vax.

Who will be first?

There have been reports here on Thaivisa and elsewhere of people who were vaccinated with Pfizer.

54 minutes ago, jackdd said:

There have been reports here on Thaivisa and elsewhere of people who were vaccinated with Pfizer.

Yes, many.... via the hospitals in Bangkok that have it (Pfizer) available and ready.  But, perhaps none from the original "expatvac" sign-up which opened-up two Sundays ago that was to bring it to the provinces.

42 minutes ago, Pronto2 said:

Yes, many.... via the hospitals in Bangkok that have it (Pfizer) available and ready.  But, perhaps none from the original "expatvac" sign-up which opened-up two Sundays ago that was to bring it to the provinces.

And in particular none for anyone living outside the sacred centre of the universe.

2 hours ago, jackdd said:

And that was from Expatvac registrations? I don't think so.

I have yet to see anyone confirm a real appointment via that recent option?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Thailand said:

And that was from Expatvac registrations? I don't think so.

I have yet to see anyone confirm a real appointment via that recent option?

Monitoring the space a bit I didn't see anyone reporting Expatvac invitations either.

Only appointments that are going out are from Medpark for Pfizer and some old ones for Bang Sue Station. From my observation it's a single Medpark thingy so far. 

Correct me if I am wrong. 

I have been waiting for a notification from Expatvac as well. I registered a few weeks ago. I cancelled my Medpark Hospital registration which was due yesterday. I didn't think it is was a good idea to drive  into Bangkok, which is a dark red zone, from Issarn for a vaccination. Coming back from Bangkok I might have had to quarantine for 2 weeks. But I am wondering when Expactvac might get in touch and confirm a time and place for a vaccination. I am starting to get a bit impatient.

11 minutes ago, khaepmu said:

I have been waiting for a notification from Expatvac as well. I registered a few weeks ago. I cancelled my Medpark Hospital registration which was due yesterday. I didn't think it is was a good idea to drive  into Bangkok, which is a dark red zone, from Issarn for a vaccination. Coming back from Bangkok I might have had to quarantine for 2 weeks. But I am wondering when Expactvac might get in touch and confirm a time and place for a vaccination. I am starting to get a bit impatient.

i think you were silly to cancel a sure thing and hope for something else, a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush, its better to have a back up plan,

i received a AZ jab at phyathai2 via the intervac site, as such i cancelled a back up appointment at medpak I have also paid for moderna at princ hospital, and today i received an email from the BCCT British chamber of commerce in Bangkok, that states they are going ahead with AZ jabs in Pattaya for those registered with them, which i will also have to cancel.