Expatvac, still not giving vax dates for expats ?

finnsk

Some weeks ago I was happy to registrate at the expatvac, the site worked ok with small problems, but get a confirmation that I was the registrated with succes on mail. The site maked daily updates on how many expates who have maked registrations and what kind of risk groups etc. every thing looks serious. They even tell us that they would begin to send vax appointments out to expats from 9th of august.

Every day I am looking at my mail, sms etc but ......... nothing from expatvac and now there is nothing news anymore from expatvac.

Is it only me who do not have the luck with expatvac ? I am over 60, should be in some of the risk group, I am living outside the bangkok area in the north. where the birds and the ricefields is endning.

Edited by finnsk

Again after 10 minutes of talking said nothing useful or specific other than you will be contacted about details in the future if registered…

we are talking about 44k people…it’s not a big population to manage…

please show some effective project management skills….

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Yes, just a little job. Just has to stretch limited vaccines to 10000 towns and villages across the country, carefully preserving everything at appropriate temperature, carefully making sure the logistics people and the medicos at the other end know what they have to do, carefully sending a separate email or SMS to every single one of the 48000 people registered.

Heavens above! Why can't these people have it all done before lunch today?!

Oddly the free market seems capable of global with a simple incentive that every Thai understands from 5 year old right to the top CASH.  can fiind a chilled beverage every 100m in Bangkok and in pretty much anywhere there is a few hundred people. With a card and a phone Ali/Shoppee/Lazada can get me virtually anything right out here in the middle of nowhere within 24-48 hours from BKK with a tracked pack for 29 baht.

Of course the real delay is the corruption , skims and keeping the good stuff for the "right people" their servants and of course those much medalled lads sealing the border, almost

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, mfd101 said:

You and thousands of others who have registered. And millions and millions of Thais.

Be patient. The Thais working on this are no doubt overwhelmed with the complexity of numbers, locations and limited vaccines to spread around the whole countryside. Their task is enormous. And the help they get from the political leadership of this fair nation amounts to 20x nothing. 

This isn't a matter of "limited vaccines," this is the 150,000 Pfizer shots allocated by the U.S. government for foreigners. Supply is not the issue here, distribution is and as usual, the Thai government is sitting on its rear end. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

for anyone reading thi, it is my opinion only on this "latest" vaccination program for ex-pats. when I saw the original ad at the beginning of Aug, I immediately filled in the form and was sent an email advising that I successfully registered and that yes on 10-11 Aug date, time and location for the jab would be forthcoming via email.  Later I saw others talking about getting said info via an sms on their phone.  And of course like all the rest of the programs for ex-pat jabs, to me it appears lack of progress is due to several factors.  The notice I received said "ex-pats 60-74 and then underlying diseases (7) could register for this program.  Then when they started producing numbers, it appears that more people under 60 registered successfully and like every other program, the system was overloaded beyond what they can handle.  In addition to this, if one notices the majority of new infections and hospitalizations are in the Bangkok and surrounding areas so the govt continues to put any vaccines obtained into those areas.  Also, what I fail to understand, is that the majority of those successfully registered in this program are in Bangkok where they could easily go to BangSue station and get a jab of several different vaccines, not only those from the favored nation.  Unless I also hear stories (just as believable as news) that the local military have been getting vaccinations with US made vaccines and we hear from news that nurses, drs, and other care givers are being jabbed a third time with these donated vaccines too.  There just aren't enough of these vaccines to go around for us ex-pats outside of Bangkok.  I live in Chiang Mai and would not consider driving down to that darkred zone but can't understand why ex-pats there aren't getting the shots at Bangsue.  Hopefully, here, people will continue to wear masks and avoid crowds so that there are fewer and fewer infections here yet I notice some people with BKK registrations (tags on vehicles) go somewhere for a week or two regularly and occasionally we have an infection in our Mooban.  Sad situation.  I want my dau to finish school here this year and we will return to US, if they will let us in with just a "negative" covid-19 test within 72 hours as they would not recognize the jabs from China.  Today I get another registration form for Chinese jabs.  Good luck to all and hope you can avoid getting the virus!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lordblackader said:

This isn't a matter of "limited vaccines," this is the 150,000 Pfizer shots allocated by the U.S. government for foreigners. Supply is not the issue here, distribution is and as usual, the Thai government is sitting on its rear end. 

Does anybody know where the Pfizer shots being administered at Medpark have come from?

Quite a few reports on here of people going there and receiving Phizer. I personally know a guy who went there this week, with an appointment, but because of his age, mid 40's, was offered AZ and they would not let him have Pfizer.  

13 minutes ago, topt said:

Does anybody know where the Pfizer shots being administered at Medpark have come from?

Quite a few reports on here of people going there and receiving Phizer. I personally know a guy who went there this week, with an appointment, but because of his age, mid 40's, was offered AZ and they would not let him have Pfizer.  

thailandintervac.com

Presumably part of the US donation, I don’t think any other Pfizer has arrived here, officially.

Pfizer is offered at MedPark to foreigners:

Over 60

Under 60 with a certificate/ proof of one of the underlying health issues ( no proof, AZ ).

Pregnant ladies 

Edited by Andrew Dwyer

1 minute ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

thailandintervac site 

Pfizer is offered at MedPark to foreigners:

Over 60

Under 60 with a certificate/ proof of one of the underlying health issues 

Pregnant ladies 

yes but unfortunately does not answer my question...............

Where is that stock of Pfizer coming from?

3 minutes ago, topt said:

yes but unfortunately does not answer my question...............

Where is that stock of Pfizer coming from?

Sorry, misinterpreted your post first time, have now edited.

My understanding is that the US donation was the first Pfizer to arrive in Thailand so far and this is being offered at MedPark. Presumably the AZ being offered is from the U.K. or Japanese donations.

56 minutes ago, Farmerslife said:

The US made their donation with no specification on how it was to be allocated. It was the Thai government that decided to set aside 150,000 doses for the expat community. 

Their first priority has been to administer 'booster' shots to frontline medical staff. A number of reports in the press have suggested that there may be insufficient stock to fulfil this objective. Nakhon Ratchasima, for example, had 100,000 medical staff register for this booster inoculation but have only been allocated 15,800 doses by the central administration. If this over-subscription is repeated throughout the country then there is an almighty shortfall.

It hasn't been talked about yet but the allocation for the expat community could well come under the spotlight. It remains to be seen whether the Government will continue to honour this promise.

All we can do is hope but, if it ends up being used to protect frontline medical staff then I, for one, can't take issue with that. 

I second that sentiment entirely

Nothing from expatvac. I'm 63, in the boonies in the Northeast. All eligible villagers here were offered Sinovac last week. I don't know how many took up the offer. 

With regards to the site. Why would 44,000 registrants overwhelm the site? Why would logistics be an issue? After all, the Air Force took 2 tonnes of Longans from the South to the North, the other day. If civvie logistics can't  cope, give it to the military.

4 minutes ago, Scott Tracy said:

Nothing from expatvac. I'm 63, in the boonies in the Northeast. All eligible villagers here were offered Sinovac last week. I don't know how many took up the offer. 

I am the same with hearing absolutely nothing from expatvac. I am 66 and live down in Bang Saphan Noi and today anyone and everyone can go to the local Amphur office and get Sinovac. Now, I am sure they had stated that Sinovac was not suitable for over 60s yet they are administering it! Is this to get rid of the stock and make the numbers look good? What will the future hold for those having Sinovac?   

6 minutes ago, worrab said:

I am the same with hearing absolutely nothing from expatvac. I am 66 and live down in Bang Saphan Noi and today anyone and everyone can go to the local Amphur office and get Sinovac. Now, I am sure they had stated that Sinovac was not suitable for over 60s yet they are administering it! Is this to get rid of the stock and make the numbers look good? What will the future hold for those having Sinovac?   

I believe Thailand and several other countries changed tack on that some months ago and that it was subsequently deemed safe for those over 60. My village is the same but still Thai Only.

Their choice is a second Sinovac, but may need a booster, or their second jab may be AZ the combination of which is alledgedly more effective than 2 Sinovac.

I view Sinovac as better than nothing for now and also believe that at some point the 'better' vaccines should be more readily availlable.

6 minutes ago, Saltire said:

I believe Thailand and several other countries changed tack on that some months ago and that it was subsequently deemed safe for those over 60. My village is the same but still Thai Only.

Their choice is a second Sinovac, but may need a booster, or their second jab may be AZ the combination of which is alledgedly more effective than 2 Sinovac.

I view Sinovac as better than nothing for now and also believe that at some point the 'better' vaccines should be more readily availlable.

It makes me wonder if Sinovac was deemed safe because it is or whether it is to shift the stock?? I will wait to hear, maybe, from expatvac or wait until Oct for the moderna which we had registered for. We have been informed this is 100% going to happen. Their words, not mine.

• Like 1

Like everyone else I registered on Expatvac and have no response on an appointment. But I have got appointments this week at MedPark BNH Bumrungrad and via the British Chamber of Commerce at Bangrak all of which I have politely declined in favour of BPH next week so something is happening even though it seems chaotic!

However my wife breathes fire when I ask her about her preffered Sinopharm ( Pfizer Astra Seneca too strong for her) via originally Morprom and subsequently Red cross and Chulabhorn. I believe Sinopharm has arrived at City Hospital Pattaya but they are not confirming appointments!

Edited by chilly07

3 hours ago, lordblackader said:

Why does information like this persist?

I and many others here would greatly appreciate you providing the source of your information.

I believe your information is from a dated and spurious sound bite from a minor Thai official, which has since been denied.

Please prove me wrong.

1 hour ago, chilly07 said:

Like everyone else I registered on Expatvac and have no response on an appointment. But I have got appointments this week at MedPark BNH Bumrungrad and via the British Chamber of Commerce at Bangrak all of which I have politely declined in favour of BPH next week so something is happening even though it seems chaotic!

However my wife breathes fire when I ask her about her preffered Sinopharm ( Pfizer Astra Seneca too strong for her) via originally Morprom and subsequently Red cross and Chulabhorn. I believe Sinopharm has arrived at City Hospital Pattaya but they are not confirming appointments!

Oh wow

BNH and Bumrungrad answered you? 
Still waiting for these 2 you the first one I hear that got an appointment from these 2

I had mine yesterday, some friends had theirs on Monday. Walk in at soi chaiyapruk indoor stadium, Jomtien, Pattaya. Take your passport in the afternoon. It seams as they book a few thousand Thais to get vaccinated and when they are done it's free! It took me 1hr with the 30 min wait for reaction.

2 hours ago, Scott Tracy said:

With regards to the site. Why would 44,000 registrants overwhelm the site? Why would logistics be an issue? After all, the Air Force took 2 tonnes of Longans from the South to the North, the other day. If civvie logistics can't  cope, give it to the military.

Yikes 200 vials on a special plane from Bkk to Kk

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Again after 10 minutes of talking said nothing useful or specific other than you will be contacted about details in the future if registered…

we are talking about 44k people…it’s not a big population to manage…

please show some effective project management skills….

The only thing they did wrong was to give a date they couldn't keep, lets all keep faith.

• Thanks 1