Thirty police and rescue workers need to quarantine after one of injured in Lampang smash has Covid

webfact

5pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook reported on an accident on the Lampang to Chiang Mai road in the Khao Khuntan area in which a Toyota Fortuner with Bangkok plates smashed into the back of a ten wheel truck in the early hours of yesterday morning.

Two people in the car died and three others were taken to Hang Chat Hospital where one of the injured tested positive for Covid-19.

This resulted in 30 highway and local police, foundation rescue workers and medical personnel who were at the scene having to be tested for Covid-19 and go into immediate quarantine. 

The car was travelling from Bangkok to Chiang Mai on a business trip, said Sanook citing comments from one of the injured. 

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Sad 1

Another reason to vaccinate everyone.

Despite the chance of spreading it even after vaccination.  Theres less chance of serious infection and thus taking up hospital beds, more importantly oxygen tanks and respirators. 

There in short supply in some provinces.

Edited by MrJ2U

5 hours ago, webfact said:

This resulted in 30 highway and local police, foundation rescue workers and medical personnel who were at the scene having to be tested for Covid-19 and go into immediate quarantine

Oh dear.

• Like 1

A lot to be said for correct PPE now. Assume everyone has covid and plan accordingly. Boys in brown PPE suits, I can see it now...I

Hazmat suits with wings and lanyards, silver bullion around the face masks for higher ups.

Seriously, though. 30 people in quarantine for want of correct protective equipment. I'm tempted to say, sufficient baton rounds, water cannon,tear gas grenades and such like, but no PPE...