How to keep a Thai phone number? Leaving Kingdom

Matt199

9 hours ago, SheungWan said:

MyAIS app: set up cheapest option with assistance from AIS shop and then make payments from anywhere using any visa card or MasterCard or Amex.

From Canada , AIS will NOT accept my Canadian Credit Card . Told them to stop service -- but they said : MUST PAY your outstanding balance first ...  go figure this out  .....  totally NO LOGIC  .....

Edited by kg1947
spacing

On 8/14/2021 at 6:05 AM, sanmyintmaung said:

I am currently out of Thailand. I have a dual sim card phone that has one sim from Thailand and one local sim. Thai sim is on international roaming and I only use it to receive OTP from Thai banks. Local sim is for making calls and mobile data. 

Exactly what I do and top it up from time to time on Kasikorn's online banking.

Don't know if it has been mentioned before, use https://mobiletopup.com/ to top up your number when out of Thailand. Use the (I have AIS) facilities to check how long your credit is active for. I've been out of Thailand for 18 months now (some sort of virus thing apparently preventing travel, so I've heard) andf I keep this up-to-date so I can use Bangkok Ban online banking. 

HTH

17 hours ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Uhh, why don’t you just receive confirmation codes and such via email? Surely that has to be an option 

Unfortunately getting OTP via email is not an option with Bangkok Bank at least and probably the same for other banks. I wish they would enable that option.

15 hours ago, kg1947 said:

From Canada , AIS will NOT accept my Canadian Credit Card . Told them to stop service -- but they said : MUST PAY your outstanding balance first ...  go figure this out  .....  totally NO LOGIC  .....

H'mm. I must admit I assumed that since I am able to use UK Amex to pay bill inside Thailand, I can continue to do so when outside Thailand. 

On 8/22/2021 at 4:30 PM, Redsands said:

Hi Guys, the best way and very easy to use is DING, AIS recommended them, i have been out of Thailand for 19 months. just set up a regular top up, as low as Baht 10, per month works for me and the wife.

redsands

I was just going to send the same info. However you forgot to mention the money remains on your account.