Why So Many Cynical, Angry Bitter Members

cm-happy

If someone is telling about an experience that is a negative, and he/she is telling the truth, that is not being cynical. It is likely that some posters here are not being truthfull and just throwing out negative spin stories to amuse themselves and fuel other negative relplies, ie the so-called troll. My comments are related to my 3 years of living in LOS, which for the most part, have been positive. The major porblem area has been in trying to establish relationships with the lovely ladies. It has been almost 100% negative, with outrageous and ridiculous requests for money, from oftentimes acquaintences who are not even girlfriends, and who are not interested in being a girlfriend of mine. I have gotten so I don't trust any of them, unless I am able to verify thier stories and situations on my own accord, which is difficult if not impossible. They seem to think I am Santa Claus. I have never experienced such bold-faced behaviour from women back home.

As for dealings in other areas of daily life here, it is rare that I find someone trying to take advantage of be because I am a Farang. The few times I might have ben overcharged amount to peanuts, ie restaurant, Tuk-tuk, etc. Some posters hollering about being overcharged 50 bht by a taxi driver should get a life.

Agreed!

I have a totally different problem. The girls are usually after me but not my money.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If someone is telling about an experience that is a negative, and he/she is telling the truth, that is not being cynical. It is likely that some posters here are not being truthfull and just throwing out negative spin stories to amuse themselves and fuel other negative relplies, ie the so-called troll. My comments are related to my 3 years of living in LOS, which for the most part, have been positive. The major porblem area has been in trying to establish relationships with the lovely ladies. It has been almost 100% negative, with outrageous and ridiculous requests for money, from oftentimes acquaintences who are not even girlfriends, and who are not interested in being a girlfriend of mine. I have gotten so I don't trust any of them, unless I am able to verify thier stories and situations on my own accord, which is difficult if not impossible. They seem to think I am Santa Claus. I have never experienced such bold-faced behaviour from women back home.

As for dealings in other areas of daily life here, it is rare that I find someone trying to take advantage of be because I am a Farang. The few times I might have ben overcharged amount to peanuts, ie restaurant, Tuk-tuk, etc. Some posters hollering about being overcharged 50 bht by a taxi driver should get a life.

Agreed!

I have a totally different problem. The girls are usually after me but not my money.

MeeMiaThai, not appropo to this thread, but your name is the phrase I use to get rid of touts, etc. Once they hear that, they bugger off right quick!

And for the record, I'm not a lawyer. Never have been. Never purported to be.

But thanks for noticing :-)

Afraid of the rope?

Huh?

I can help you.

Find a tree.

Bring some rope.

Experiment.

Ok moderators - enough of this thread it has degenerated - close it now for the good of all.

Hey moderators, I think i'm being flamed by a very angry man in Pattaya.

But that's ok. If raging and ranting like he is takes him away from his life, then i'm happy to serve that useful purpose :-)

I sense some self-esteem issues. I am a Physician trained in Psychotherapy. PM and maybe we can meet for coffee - I may be able to help you root out your inferiority issues that allow the Thais to take advantage of you.

I'll answer this question.

Short answer: many of us are bitter because as vacationers we are insulated from the stupidity, craftiness, deviousness, ignorance and general laziness of "some" not all, but ###### close to all Thai People. We are tired of the government playing games with us through immigration. Other countries such as Argentina, Panama or even Mexico don't play with their expats, they treat them with respect.

Immigration in those countries are friendly, where here it is clear to almost all that they are not, and probably don't like us much.

I suspect that many of the unhappy expats are living in Pattaya which affords one the unadulterated view of some, not all but too much of the lowlife that Thailand has to offer.

The lowlife come in two flavors, Thai and Farang. We have all seen the drunken Farang either driving a big Fortuner or causing accidents on his motorbike. My favourite is the Farang who has little baby Farang, and proudly displays his little airbag on the front of the bike with no helmet while his fat slob a$$ wears a good strong protective one.

We here in Pattaya get to see firsthand the road accidents due to the stupidy of some Thais and once in a while a Farang. We get to see that many but not all accidents are due to a Thai who drinks himself into a stupor and then climbs into a minibus only to kill a few people along the way. We see the police do almost nothing to these people except give them a place to dry out.

We get to see the corruption firsthand. We experience the lowlife scumbags who shortchange us, charge us extra due to our skin color, steal from us because we aren't Thai as we are just Farang and fair game. We get to see the laziness of the workers firsthand in places such as Tesco or Carrefour.

We get tired of having to take the extra steps to safeguard our money. It is an inconvenience to always have to send my Thai wife in first to ask the price in order to secure the "Thai Price" and not the inflated Farang price.

And a little note to you miserable rots who try to shame us because we gripe about 10 baht here and 5 baht there:

I have a 2 month old baby that I have to provide for, take care of, protect and make sure he is happy - how dare you tell me that I should take money out of my pocket on a daily basis and give it to greedy Thais when it should be securing his future, his education, food in his mouth. You smarmy disgusting people deserve something I cannot write here. I loathe you. I despise you.

If you wish to be stupid, don't chide me because I wish to be careful, don't try to shame me with your stupidity and foolishness. If you enjoy overpaying then continue it by all means, but do not try to lull me into your mental illness, I'll have none of it. Overpay, but know that the Thais who take your money with their toothless grins, laugh at you and at the end of the day as they become convinced that people like you, and people not like you but of your color, are stupid gits who are easily taken. They laugh at you and I detest you.

Would you come to my house and steal from my son's piggy bank?

Where do you draw the line - I suppose if they raped your daughter you'd tell the rest of us to offer up our kin so you can feel better about yourself. Is that what it is, because you have more money than brains, you would like the rest of us to come down to your level?

I also despise you expats who believe the Thai people can do no wrong. That everything they do we must accept because we are in their country.

No decent American believes it is right for an American in America to take advantage of a foreigner. In America it makes us cringe, we wince when we hear of such stories. Here in Thailand it is considered fair game, they do not wince, they laugh at us. It speaks volumes about our values and the lack of some, not all but some Thais.

I suppose you Polly Anna's would tell me how good your meal tasted even though you found out it was smeared with excrement by a Thai who didn't like Farang. Oh they're just playing, it's all part of being an expat so don't complain.

Shut up, I'll complain all I want.

Just saving this before the mods delete the original. :o:D:D:D

Soundman.

Shame on the mods if they do.

If I couldn't find some amusement in this forum, I'd have to find some other way to waste my time. :o

Is amusement a waste of time?

Or maybe I misunderstood your post.

Certainly it's a waste of time. BUT, it's a pleasant waste of time. If you're not making money, doing something constructive or learning things it's definitely a waste of time. Since I already have seen and heard many whiners, it's not anything I didn't already know. Actually I do learn something once in a while. The Brits have taught me the word whinging. I kind of like that word along with w#nk#rs. :D

EDIT - WOW! I did learn something. That neat little word is forbidden. :D

Edited by Gary A

you mean i'm not the only one and you have the same good looks i have?

:o

The advantages of one's good look won't last long. And also girls who are looking for money won't stop just because a man is good looking. It is the personality of a man, the respect and caring he has for other people that gain love from them.

No I don't have the same good looks as yours. Mine is unique. :D

Btw I do not agree with the statement that Tesco Lotus and Carrefour employees are lazy. I always get served within reasonable time and cashier queues are much shorter and faster then in Italy (btw, no one envelops your shopping in an Italian supermarket, and you have to pay for the bags also).

And please remember that if goods cost around 60% less compared to the West, it is also because Thai staff accepts to be paid 90% less then their Western counterpart.

I instead agree with :

"but know that the Thais who take your money with their toothless grins, laugh at you and at the end of the day as they become convinced that people like you, and people not like you but of your color, are stupid gits who are easily taken. They laugh at you"

this is a wise warning...expecially with the ladies :o

Agreed!

Hmm,

Consider getting or PM'ing JOHN Rambo. He claims to have the same problem. :o

Some posters hollering about being overcharged 50 bht ........... should get a life.

Warning Pet Peeve .

Average Daily Wage ?? say 500 B ( generous , i believe it's less )

50 B equals 10% .

Average Daily Wage in your home country X

Happy about being overcharged 10% of X ???

Horses for Courses .

The Brits have taught me the word whinging. I kind of like that word along with w#nk#rs. :D

EDIT - WOW! I did learn something. That neat little word is forbidden. :o

why would <deleted> be a forbidden word pray tell? :D

Actually, I find thais just as likely to rip each other off than just falangs. Where I am there are precious few foreigners anyway. I've been here about 5 months and already have a list of shops I will not go into anymore because they were either rude, lied or ripped off my thai wife! Also, some have been very kind and helpful beyond what we asked. Same everywhere in the world.

As for being bitter and twisted... what's the point in a forum if one can't have a good moan?!!

It's like a pub, some agree, some disagree, some talk b0ll0x, some give sound advice.

most are close to human :o

I sense some self-esteem issues. I am a Physician trained in Psychotherapy. PM and maybe we can meet for coffee - I may be able to help you root out your inferiority issues that allow the Thais to take advantage of you.

i am the reincarnation of Albert Einstein... e=mc²

Btw I do not agree with the statement that Tesco Lotus and Carrefour employees are lazy. I always get served within reasonable time and cashier queues are much shorter and faster then in Italy (btw, no one envelops your shopping in an Italian supermarket, and you have to pay for the bags also).

And please remember that if goods cost around 60% less compared to the West, it is also because Thai staff accepts to be paid 90% less then their Western counterpart.

Walk to the back of Carrefour to the Television/Computer/Stereo section. Note how many loafs are doing nothing while customers look for items. Note how loud the Issan music (multiple versions on multiple stereos) is playing. Note how you cannot talk on your phone, hear the store PA or have a conversation with your mate.

Try asking for something.

Mai Mee.

Really?

Yes, Mai Mee.

But it is right there.

Mai Mee.

Tesco is worse.

Click, I'm hurt that you classed me with all the lager louts.

I read everything you posted and even admitted that you had a point.

Anyway, I hope you're now feeling better, life's too short for such aggravations you know.

BTW, I've been to Patts many times and always enjoy it but I would never think of living there.

You don't have to travel far from there for a little peace and quiet.

Actually, I find thais just as likely to rip each other off than just falangs. Where I am there are precious few foreigners anyway. I've been here about 5 months and already have a list of shops I will not go into anymore because they were either rude, lied or ripped off my thai wife! Also, some have been very kind and helpful beyond what we asked. Same everywhere in the world.

As for being bitter and twisted... what's the point in a forum if one can't have a good moan?!!

It's like a pub, some agree, some disagree, some talk b0ll0x, some give sound advice.

most are close to human :o

One of the things I really appreciate about Thailand is, that those few persons who would rip you off, will do so for as little as 20 baht. Like you, I simply have nothing further to do with them or their business. If they'd applied themselves they probably could have got into me for a lot more, so I put this dowm in the "things I like about Thailand" category.

Walk to the back of Carrefour to the Television/Computer/Stereo section. Note how many loafs are doing nothing while customers look for items. Note how loud the Issan music (multiple versions on multiple stereos) is playing. Note how you cannot talk on your phone, hear the store PA or have a conversation with your mate.

Try asking for something.

Mai Mee.

Really?

Yes, Mai Mee.

But it is right there.

Mai Mee.

Tesco is worse.

Yes, Thailand can be very much like that. Kind of charming and funny in a way. I find keeping my expectations low makes for very nice days. It also allows for lots of happy surprises.

Edited by lannarebirth

Yep, being an expat anywhere takes flexibility and going with the flow. My wise old Dad used to say, "you gotta bend with it, carry vaseline." I had a very strange Dad.

great :D

Sounds like you had a very smart dad :o

I'll answer this question.

Short answer: many of us are bitter because as vacationers we are insulated from the stupidity, craftiness, deviousness, ignorance and general laziness of "some" not all, but ###### close to all Thai People. We are tired of the government playing games with us through immigration. Other countries such as Argentina, Panama or even Mexico don't play with their expats, they treat them with respect.

Immigration in those countries are friendly, where here it is clear to almost all that they are not, and probably don't like us much.

I suspect that many of the unhappy expats are living in Pattaya which affords one the unadulterated view of some, not all but too much of the lowlife that Thailand has to offer.

The lowlife come in two flavors, Thai and Farang. We have all seen the drunken Farang either driving a big Fortuner or causing accidents on his motorbike. My favourite is the Farang who has little baby Farang, and proudly displays his little airbag on the front of the bike with no helmet while his fat slob a$ wears a good strong protective one.

We here in Pattaya get to see firsthand the road accidents due to the stupidy of some Thais and once in a while a Farang. We get to see that many but not all accidents are due to a Thai who drinks himself into a stupor and then climbs into a minibus only to kill a few people along the way. We see the police do almost nothing to these people except give them a place to dry out.

We get to see the corruption firsthand. We experience the lowlife scumbags who shortchange us, charge us extra due to our skin color, steal from us because we aren't Thai as we are just Farang and fair game. We get to see the laziness of the workers firsthand in places such as Tesco or Carrefour.

We get tired of having to take the extra steps to safeguard our money. It is an inconvenience to always have to send my Thai wife in first to ask the price in order to secure the "Thai Price" and not the inflated Farang price.

And a little note to you miserable rots who try to shame us because we gripe about 10 baht here and 5 baht there:

I have a 2 month old baby that I have to provide for, take care of, protect and make sure he is happy - how dare you tell me that I should take money out of my pocket on a daily basis and give it to greedy Thais when it should be securing his future, his education, food in his mouth. You smarmy disgusting people deserve something I cannot write here. I loathe you. I despise you.

If you wish to be stupid, don't chide me because I wish to be careful, don't try to shame me with your stupidity and foolishness. If you enjoy overpaying then continue it by all means, but do not try to lull me into your mental illness, I'll have none of it. Overpay, but know that the Thais who take your money with their toothless grins, laugh at you and at the end of the day as they become convinced that people like you, and people not like you but of your color, are stupid gits who are easily taken. They laugh at you and I detest you.

Would you come to my house and steal from my son's piggy bank?

Where do you draw the line - I suppose if they raped your daughter you'd tell the rest of us to offer up our kin so you can feel better about yourself. Is that what it is, because you have more money than brains, you would like the rest of us to come down to your level?

I also despise you expats who believe the Thai people can do no wrong. That everything they do we must accept because we are in their country.

No decent American believes it is right for an American in America to take advantage of a foreigner. In America it makes us cringe, we wince when we hear of such stories. Here in Thailand it is considered fair game, they do not wince, they laugh at us. It speaks volumes about our values and the lack of some, not all but some Thais.

I suppose you Polly Anna's would tell me how good your meal tasted even though you found out it was smeared with excrement by a Thai who didn't like Farang. Oh they're just playing, it's all part of being an expat so don't complain.

Shut up, I'll complain all I want.

I gotta say, its not far off the truth this, if you aint on guard here you will be raped and left to die penniless, .From the minute the tout at the airport gets you in his cab ,til you get back on that plane some theiving/conning thai will be out to get you, and no this isnt the same in all the cities we come from, i also see this as a form of theft from my family, its everywhere, never was there such an appropriate phrase coined to suit thailand than " a fool and his money are soon parted ",.they see us as fools to be exploited and you will be wise to remember this,..