MedPark Hospital Rama IV, Pfizer

Yellowtail

4 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Thanks for sharing. Gives me hope sitting here, American aged 74 with heart issues. So far … crickets. Although the US Consulate also released a positive statement today.

Call MedPark and you'll have your shot in a few days.

Thanks, I just registered.

I've registered for two places along with paid Moderna reservations.

I can give Moderna to Yai who lives with us if I get Pheizer.  She won't take Sinovac along with everyone else in the village.

Thanks again for the link!

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Like 1

Less than a month between jabs? I've read that best immunity from Pfizer is at least 8 weeks between? ????????

In fact I just found:

"Antibody response in people aged over 80 is three and a half times greater in those who have the second dose of Pfizer vaccine AFTER 12 WEEKS compared to those who have it at a three week interval." (UK University of Birmingham website ). 

Edited by Speedhump
New info
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

Less than a month between jabs? I've read that best immunity from Pfizer is at least 8 weeks between? ????????

From fda.gov

FACT SHEET FOR HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS ADMINISTERING VACCINE (VACCINATION PROVIDERS)
EMERGENCY USE AUTHORIZATION (EUA) OF
THE PFIZER-BIONTECH COVID-19 VACCINE TO PREVENT CORONAVIRUS DISEASE 2019 (COVID-19)

The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine is administered intramuscularly as a series of two doses (0.3 mL each) 3 weeks apart.
There are no data available on the interchangeability of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine with other COVID-19 vaccines to complete the vaccination series. Individuals who have received one dose of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine should receive a second dose of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine to complete the vaccination series.
A third dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine (0.3 mL) administered at least 28 days following the first two doses of this vaccine is authorized for administration to individuals at least 12 years of age who have undergone solid organ transplantation, or who are diagnosed with conditions that are considered to have an equivalent level of immunocompromise.

2 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

From fda.gov

FACT SHEET FOR HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS ADMINISTERING VACCINE (VACCINATION PROVIDERS)
EMERGENCY USE AUTHORIZATION (EUA) OF
THE PFIZER-BIONTECH COVID-19 VACCINE TO PREVENT CORONAVIRUS DISEASE 2019 (COVID-19)

The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine is administered intramuscularly as a series of two doses (0.3 mL each) 3 weeks apart.
There are no data available on the interchangeability of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine with other COVID-19 vaccines to complete the vaccination series. Individuals who have received one dose of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine should receive a second dose of Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine to complete the vaccination series.
A third dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine (0.3 mL) administered at least 28 days following the first two doses of this vaccine is authorized for administration to individuals at least 12 years of age who have undergone solid organ transplantation, or who are diagnosed with conditions that are considered to have an equivalent level of immunocompromise.

OK well Google 'time between Pfizer vaccine doses' and see what you can find out....

We tend to complain a lot, especially about the Thai bureaucracy.

When a job is well done we must point it out.

The service I received at MedPark was first class.

In and out in less than an hour including the 30 minute wait. 

Efficient staff, excellent building, AZ jab, even the waiting chair was comfy. A+ !!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Khun Roberto said:

We tend to complain a lot, especially about the Thai bureaucracy.

When a job is well done we must point it out.

The service I received at MedPark was first class.

In and out in less than an hour including the 30 minute wait. 

Efficient staff, excellent building, AZ jab, even the waiting chair was comfy. A+ !!!

exactly a lot of complaining but this week was good.

A lot of us got Pfizer at Medpark, BNH and other places. 

Nothing is perfect and the IT systems from our Thai friends were never the best (90 days reporting ???????? ) , but they trying now hard to solve all problems.

Lets hope they also delivered some Pfizer to the provinces outside of Bangkok. 

10 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Got 1st jab Pfizer from BHN 8/17, no blood pressure before/after but temperature measured in ear. Next jab on 9/7.

FREEDOM

Freedom from what? You won't be immune to getting infected. Just won't get very ill. Keep wearing a mask.

I went yesterday for my Pfizer jab. I was very impressed with the professional, efficient and courteous manner with which I was dealt with. From arriving at the door, ( side door, not main entrance ), to having the jab, then waiting 30 minutes for another BP check, given next appointment date in 21 days. I have never in all my years here witnessed such a smooth running operation.

My profound thanks go to all the staff and management of the Hospital for making the experience an unchallenging, and straightforward one.

• Like 1

I have read may high remarks from expats that have gotten the vaccine shots from government hospital. It is also true for private hospitals. I have had may first shot and waiting till 4 Oct for the second, very thing done high outstanding manner. What I read are the high number of people not being able to registered for the vaccines. That's the real problem not the service once your in the hospital waiting for your number to come up. By the way I do live in Bangkok and know it is easier here to get registered. but still way to many road blocks set up to stop you from getting registered. One is on the government web  page app for signing up expats. You can not have had another vaccine before, if so rejected. I AZ before Pfizer or Modena  were even approved by Thai FDA. So I got the best that was available for expats at that time in early June. Now can not get Pfizer!

• Like 1

On 8/18/2021 at 2:06 PM, Falcon said:

For the “people with underlying”problems, does the medical certificate need to be from a hospital it can it be issued by a doctor working in a clinic? Anyone know?

Med Park told me clinic certificates aren't accepted. Needs to be from a hospital.

• Like 1