Neo Pattaya: The manicured shape of things to come? - as huge tree is ripped out

webfact

3 hours ago, morrobay said:

So you seem to be an expert on tourism demographics. Is this project going to have any effect on tourist numbers and if so what kind of tourists would that be? My idea about this is it's going to cause many tourist just not returning. And these days the endless supply of one time visitors to compensate for non returners . is not a given .

If it keeps the families away, not all bad, IMO.

It's been the potential family demographic that IMO has encouraged the destruction of Fun City in vain hopes of the mythical Riviera on Pattaya Bay. Long may such dreams of mega baht be thwarted by city hall's own incompetence- save the nightlife of Pattaya.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

:cheesy:

Is he trying to say that heavy rainfall is an unusual occurrence in Pattaya?

Does he even believe the things that come out of his mouth?

What are you saying ? Its just one big free for all with raw sewage (which means no primary treatment) pouring into the sea?

1 minute ago, Harsh Jones said:

What are you saying ? Its just one big free for all with raw sewage (which means no primary treatment) pouring into the sea?

No, I'm saying that they should have built treatment plants capable of dealing with the amount of rainwater that is expected to fall on Pattaya, plus a certain amount of extra capacity for the very rare unusually heavy storm. The present system can't even handle a normal amount of rainfall, IMO.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

???????????? Since when were there overhead wires on the seaward side of Beach Rd? It's the trees on the seaward side of Beach Rd that are under discussion. Why would they plant shade trees when the trees they are cutting ARE shade trees?

Doesn't anyone read anymore?  I'm talking about wires that have now been buried on other major roads, not Beach Road.  Now that the wires are buried, shade trees can be planted on these roads.  With regard to Beach Road, yes the shade trees are being removed--and many are unhappy about this--including, apparently, some other government agencies.  Just because shade trees are removed doesn't mean they can't be replaced.  The plan seems to be for new palm trees to be planted.  Not a big deal to switch some of them to shade trees.  Let's have some variety--and shade.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, newnative said:

Doesn't anyone read anymore?  I'm talking about wires that have now been buried on other major roads, not Beach Road.  Now that the wires are buried, shade trees can be planted on these roads.  With regard to Beach Road, yes the shade trees are being removed--and many are unhappy about this--including, apparently, some other government agencies.  Just because shade trees are removed doesn't mean they can't be replaced.  The plan seems to be for new palm trees to be planted.  Not a big deal to switch some of them to shade trees.  Let's have some variety--and shade.

Are you saying that shade trees can be planted on Central and South Roads? Slight problem with space, on them.

Most Pattaya roads in the tourist zone are too narrow to plant shade trees, so which roads are you referring to?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Are you saying that shade trees can be planted on Central and South Roads? Slight problem with space, on them.

Most Pattaya roads in the tourist zone are too narrow to plant shade trees, so which roads are you referring to?

They could start with North Pattaya Road, now that the wires have been buried.  In my opinion none of the major roads are too narrow for trees--there's seems to be plenty of room on the sidewalks for everything but trees.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, newnative said:

They could start with North Pattaya Road, now that the wires have been buried.  In my opinion none of the major roads are too narrow for trees--there's seems to be plenty of room on the sidewalks for everything but trees.  

I specifically didn't mention North Rd because it's probably the only road in the tourist zone that could have shade trees planted on it.

Just because pavements get used for other things than walking on doesn't mean that even more obstructions should be added.

BTW, trees don't need to be planted on pavements to provide shade. Bkk has loads of structures supporting shady creeper type plants on it's pavements.

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I specifically didn't mention North Rd because it's probably the only road in the tourist zone that could have shade trees planted on it.

Just because pavements get used for other things than walking on doesn't mean that even more obstructions should be added.

BTW, trees don't need to be planted on pavements to provide shade. Bkk has loads of structures supporting shady creeper type plants on it's pavements.

Someone will likely be along to say Pattaya has enough shady creepers already. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, newnative said:

Doesn't anyone read anymore?  I'm talking about wires that have now been buried on other major roads, not Beach Road.  Now that the wires are buried, shade trees can be planted on these roads.

But we are discussing the removal of trees on the Beach, so you are going away from the topic here. Have they planted any trees on Nua or Klang since cables were buried by the way..... no, they have not. They would probably damage those very cables putting them in!

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

But we are discussing the removal of trees on the Beach, so you are going away from the topic here. Have they planted any trees on Nua or Klang since cables were buried by the way..... no, they have not. They would probably damage those very cables putting them in!

The topic is 'Neo Pattaya--the manicured shape of things to come.'  I believe my post, which also talked about Beach Road trees, was not really 'going away from the topic'.  Nothing wrong with discussing one thing in a topic and then suggesting it could be applied elsewhere, as well.  (I don't have any problem with you 'going away from the topic' with your suggestion that planting trees on Nua or Klang--nothing to do with 'removal of trees on the Beach'--would probably damage the cables.)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, newnative said:

The topic is 'Neo Pattaya--the manicured shape of things to come.'  I believe my post, which also talked about Beach Road trees, was not really 'going away from the topic'.  Nothing wrong with discussing one thing in a topic and then suggesting it could be applied elsewhere, as well.  (I don't have any problem with you 'going away from the topic' with your suggestion that planting trees on Nua or Klang--nothing to do with 'removal of trees on the Beach'--would probably damage the cables.)

The 'Neo Pattaya' picture is of the Beach Rd, and the topic is also about the removal of the tree, from the Beach itself... and my reference to trees on Nua and Klang is to show how your attempt to link cable removal to shade trees is a false link.... people don't much walk down Nua except to avoid the Reung Ruen songtaew/bus station prices. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1