Weird Problems In Firefox

For a few days I tend to get unpredictable and strange results when trying to access web pages. Sometimes part of the code reveals itself on the empty page (such as just now when I clicked on the link for the Thaivisa Internet forum, see below) and sometimes I get a download window showing up, asking me if I want to download the php file.

Does anybody else get the same thing? It is not only Thaivisa, it happens with Google and other websites too, in a seemingly random fashion.

Here is the code that showed when I first clicked the Internet forum link:

var phpadsbanner = '';

phpadsbanner += '<'+'a href=\'http://media.thaivisa.com/adclick.php?bannerid=353&zoneid=7&source=&dest=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.angelesbeachclubhotel.com\' target=\'_blank\' onMouseOver="self.status=\'ABC Hotel\'; return true;" onMouseOut="self.status=\'\';return true;"><'+'img src=\'http://www.thaivisa.com/promotions/banners/abchotel/abctop.gif\' width=\'426\' height=\'40\' alt=\'ABC Hotel\' title=\'ABC Hotel\' border=\'0\'><'+'/a><'+'div id="beacon_353" style="position: absolute; left: 0px; top: 0px; visibility: hidden;"><'+'img src=\'http://media.thaivisa.com/adlog.php?bannerid=353&clientid=279&zoneid=7&source=&block=0&capping=0&cb=58858bcc0fa7428d7d52820b16801268\' width=\'0\' height=\'0\' alt=\'\' style=\'width: 0px; height: 0px;\'><'+'/div>';

document.write(phpadsbanner);

if (document.phpAds_used) document.phpAds_used += 'bannerid:353,';

if (document.phpAds_used) document.phpAds_used += 'campaignid:279,';

Cheers in advance for any input. :o

EDIT: When I first clicked on the send button for this post, I got a "Bad request" message (You sent something the server could not understand).

For a few days I tend to get unpredictable and strange results when trying to access web pages. Sometimes part of the code reveals itself on the empty page (such as just now when I clicked on the link for the Thaivisa Internet forum, see below) and sometimes I get a download window showing up, asking me if I want to download the php file.

Does anybody else get the same thing? It is not only Thaivisa, it happens with Google and other websites too, in a seemingly random fashion.

Here is the code that showed when I first clicked the Internet forum link:

<snip>

Cheers in advance for any input. :o

EDIT: When I first clicked on the send button for this post, I got a "Bad request" message (You sent something the server could not understand).

Are you using any add or pop-up blocker?

Regards

I dont use an ad blocker, but my Firewall had a default popup blocker activated earlier.

I do use a number of other extensions for Firefox:

Agent Switcher

FireFTP

ColorfulTabs

Talkback

Skype Extension for Firefox

Download Statusbar

Customize Google

ColorZilla

I recall some discussions re the Skype extension causing some odd problems, I'll have to have a rummage.

Regards

PS Can't find reference to this exact problem, but might still be worth checking versions etc. on the add-in.

/edit add PS//

Edited by A_Traveller

I uninstalled the Skype plugin and Agent Switcher, and switched off the popup blocker in Firefox - restarted but the same symptoms persist. Any more ideas

It looks like corrupted packets possibly due to a bad connection somewhere. Does it do the same thing if you use IE? Also, try to ping a site when you have the problem and see if there are any missing packets.

Cheers Tywais. :o

I will start by restarting my router to see if it is acting up, I guess. Then I will take the ping route.

Edit: I have now rebooted the router, and I pinged www.thaivisa.com www.google.com and www.google.se as well as www.bbc.co.uk and all packets went through with no loss.

So far no more problems. Will come back if they show up again.

I'm using FF and oddly enough the HTML content of this entire TV post does not wrap to the preset width of my window. If I go back a page that lists the forum topics, then everything is fine.

There must be a formatting issue with this page (and/or topic).

I'm using FF and oddly enough the HTML content of this entire TV post does not wrap to the preset width of my window. If I go back a page that lists the forum topics, then everything is fine.

There must be a formatting issue with this page (and/or topic).

It's due to the code tag format in Meadish's original post (very wide). Behaves the same as an overly large photo would. Nothing abnormal.