Fake Volunteer Policeman Caught After Cash Theft...

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya People: May 28th 2007

Man Impersonating Police Caught

On the 27th of May at 1.30am Pattaya police were informed by a Civil volunteer that a young man who was impersonating as a Police officer was caught at Soi Korpai 10, South Pattaya.

Upon arrival, Police discovered Puchong Sritharam, the perpetrator, aged 26 who was detained by the volunteer. He was identified by the victim, Mr. Anuwat Khunthon, aged 27.

Anuwat told Police that when he was riding home, he was approached by Puchong who claimed that he was a plain clothes Police office at Pattaya Police Station.

Once he stopped, Puchong searched his body and took away 5,500 baht from his pocket. At this point the victim demanded his money back. He then shouted for help until the volunteer passed by and assisted in catching the offender.

Puchong confessed to his crime, Police found 2 mobile phones one belonging to him and one belonging to a previous victim. He was taken to Pattaya Police Station where his previous victim was called to the Station to identify the offender.

Puchong has been charged with robbery and is now waiting for his court dates.

During the inquiry one of his victims was so upset he suddenly smashed the offender’s face, which resulted in the victim being fined 1,000 Baht for this outburst.

During the inquiry one of his victims was so upset he suddenly smashed the offender’s face, which resulted in the victim being fined 1,000 Baht for this outburst.

who hit who and who got fined ,

cliff notes please ..................................

I've thought before about how if I was somehow a victim of a crime and had to go for the standard practice photo taken pointing at the offender I'd like to get them to take a pic of me punching them instead. It'd be worth paying 1000 baht for I reckon.

Puchong confessed to his crime, Police found 2 mobile phones one belonging to him and one belonging to a previous victim. He was taken to Pattaya Police Station where his previous victim was called to the Station to identify the offender.

Would the "previous victim" be "Mr. Jaroon aged 19 – a security guard of the Thepprasit Housing Building" mentioned in Fake Pattaya Police Volunteer Steals From Man.........,?

A thousand baht well spent!

A thousand baht well spent!

Here's two thousand more officer.... could you turn around for a minute? :o