Latest stats reveal very few tourists using the Samui Plus program

webfact

Thailand is trying very, very hard to make lemonade out of very sour and bitter lemons, and the roads ahead to achieve even tiny percentage of it's past glory days is fraught with trials and tribulations, but only if it will be handled correctly, there will be light at the end of tunnel...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I take no joy in these numbers. I MISS the old Thailand! But it's obvious those in charge dropped the ball so badly and are trying band aid fixes while lining their pockets. It makes me want to scream "I told you so!"

Howzabout we really, REALLY focus on getting good vaccines into the arms of every breathing soul in LOS?

that is never going to happen.  The military government is not going to spend money out of the treasury and their incomes to pay for 60 million vaccinations, then booster shots, then more vaccinations if the later virus variants require that

• Like 2

On 8/20/2021 at 7:12 AM, club said:

I wonder why? Could it be the weather?  No Could it be nobody has money?

The real reason is the need of staying in quarantine at your hotel, while in Phuket sandbox you may walk free, travel the island and go to beach.

So most people entering Thailand prefers Phuket sandbox.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/20/2021 at 5:02 PM, hanuman2543 said:

Does that mean there are on average 6 people per flight?

What a waste.

Where do they find these people with those wonderful ideas?

In a psychiatric ward?

That's about right, I didn't count the passengers when I flew out, but there were no more than 7-8 of us. Interestingly they crammed all of us at the back of the plane, and didn't allow people to sit far from each other.  Half of the foreigners removed their masks and talked all the way to BKK.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Quite a successful story on sandboxes, governmental interference with a business it has not the slightest clue and at the end blowing its own trumpet.

Once the treasury is emptied they will disappear into thin air as most of their predecessors. Latter though were not as professional as the present crew; in all cases it will leave those left behind to mop up the biggest mess ever instigated and that will take a very very very long time. 

Just wondering if any when the hunt for a scape goat is on again .................. 

• Like 1

On 8/20/2021 at 9:29 AM, Tropicalevo said:

The current government is well on its way to emptying the treasury.

The 'in the pocket' expenses will never be returned.

Wuhan flu is with us for ever. It will keep on bringing out more variants and the world have a new 'annual flu jab'.

This is not a 'one off'.

I see this current junta as being on a 'rape and pillage' war until their time is up, leaving the next junta(?) to fix the debt.

(In today's news, Thailand is expected to show a current account deficit of $10.3 billion.)

Any tourists (or others) are just a bonus in this crazy world.

You've more or less hit the nail on the head, problem is what chance has who ever takes over got? 

• Like 1

On 8/20/2021 at 3:29 AM, ukrules said:

Therein lies the problem, handling it correctly. They're inept.

If only it were true...  They're very skilled...  At milking every satang they can from the treasury. 

Say what you want about Thaksin, but at least he left enough to the peasants to grow the economy.  Even if he did it just so they'd vote for him.  Today, there's nobody controlling access to the trough.  It's a free for all.

• Like 1