hills, creek , chanote, is it possible?

living in phuket and looking to settle peacefully in the middle of nature somewhere else in thailand.
ideally at an altitude of 600 meters up to 1200 to benefit fresh air all year round.
i'd like to purchase 6 rai up of hilly land with a clear water stream going through the land or on the border but it seems 
very difficult to find with a chanote.
After checking google earth it seems that Loei, phetchabun, and phitsanulok provinces would fit my requirements, also 
the north of thailand but i'd like to avoid this part due to pollution during the burning season.
Is there anyone that went to this research that can point me out to a direction?
Please no comments about ownership rights in thailand

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, blackcab said:

The problem you will have with Phuket

He said he wants to leave Phuket.

The best bet I have found to search for property is searching on facebook in thai language for land what area you want.  For example ที่ดินเพชรบูรณ์ for Petchabun.

There is also DDproperty, Fazwaz, Lazudi websites you can look on.  But these mostly find overpriced stuff.

• Like 1

The Khao Kho district of Phetchabun has most of your requirements except for the clear water stream. They do exist but very hard to find as the seasons are split between wet and dry. The dry season can see no rain for 4 months so you might need to settle for a dam.

Also be careful as there are "chanotes" up here that have been issued but are not legal so the government can take the land back at any time.

• Like 1

A chanote cannot be issued for a land with a slow greater than 20 or 30 degrees (can't remember if 20 or 30). Also any waterway - even the smallest creek cannot be owned, so a land with a stream (even a dry creek) on it will be split with several meters of land on both sides of the creek being public land. 

You might find such land with chanot, but as mentioned above it was either issued illegally or simply a fake, and the land might be confiscated by the governed at any time. 

• Like 1

On 8/23/2021 at 7:29 AM, rwill said:

He said he wants to leave Phuket.

The best bet I have found to search for property is searching on facebook in thai language for land what area you want.  For example ที่ดินเพชรบูรณ์ for Petchabun.

There is also DDproperty, Fazwaz, Lazudi websites you can look on.  But these mostly find overpriced stuff.

Thank you , i joined many facebook groups

On 8/23/2021 at 8:51 AM, LukKrueng said:

A chanote cannot be issued for a land with a slow greater than 20 or 30 degrees (can't remember if 20 or 30). Also any waterway - even the smallest creek cannot be owned, so a land with a stream (even a dry creek) on it will be split with several meters of land on both sides of the creek being public land. 

You might find such land with chanot, but as mentioned above it was either issued illegally or simply a fake, and the land might be confiscated by the governed at any time. 

useful thanks

On 8/23/2021 at 7:47 AM, GreasyFingers said:

The Khao Kho district of Phetchabun has most of your requirements except for the clear water stream. They do exist but very hard to find as the seasons are split between wet and dry. The dry season can see no rain for 4 months so you might need to settle for a dam.

Also be careful as there are "chanotes" up here that have been issued but are not legal so the government can take the land back at any time.

i've been looking at khao kho and it seems good to me. i'll have to go explore the area once the covid madness will come to an end. I have a good lawyer that made due diligences for my phuket land, hopefully he would be able to find out if chanotes are fakes or issued illegally. I've heard about few resorts that have been kicked and their mands repossessed in the petchabun province. i'll have few question concerning the area, i'll send you a pm if you don't mind answer. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Ludzilla said:

i've been looking at khao kho and it seems good to me. i'll have to go explore the area once the covid madness will come to an end. I have a good lawyer that made due diligences for my phuket land, hopefully he would be able to find out if chanotes are fakes or issued illegally. I've heard about few resorts that have been kicked and their mands repossessed in the petchabun province. i'll have few question concerning the area, i'll send you a pm if you don't mind answer. Thanks.

PM me anytime. I was in the property business back in OZ, and while things are different here you just have to ask the right questions. Can tell you many stories of what can go wrong.

Edited by GreasyFingers
added