Aquarium Question

Weho

My documentary on North Korea is about to start on the national geographic channel (looks good!), but can anyone suggest the largest aquarium supply shop in Pattaya? I did make up with the one I had a minor dispute with, but I need a bigger selection for some accessories.

Also, isn't it odd how when the light is on, whether day or night, the water looks clear and clean... but when the light is off, it looks like the stuff the street vendors wash their dishes in?

"Your" documentary? Did you make it? Cool if so!

Biggest aquarium shop is probably in 3rd road, on the south side, near Pratumnak road.

The store is ok....bought my aquarium there as well. Nice people.

I think fresh fish arrive every Monday.

Why am i thinking these posts are similar to a previous member posts (aka PP)

Vancouver, British Columbia has a good selection of aquarium suppliers.

lol .... is that what it shows?

The shop on third road is the biggest, but they (or any other shop) simply don't have any experience with bigger aquaria.

Had to do all the research ourselves, and buy all the equipment from Bangkok, even nitrite/nitrate test kits etc. are simply not on sale in Pattaya.

And please, no name calling and/or flaming, the OP might not be the most appreciated member around, but he is definitely not posting from Vancouver, and everything indicates he is in Thailand...

"Your" documentary? Did you make it? Cool if so!

Biggest aquarium shop is probably in 3rd road, on the south side, near Pratumnak road.

The store is ok....bought my aquarium there as well. Nice people.

I think fresh fish arrive every Monday.

You'de think the fish remain fresh until the moment they die... :o

(New stock??)

Cheers,

Soundman.

Recommended the Third Road place about three months ago on another thread.

South of Pattaya Tai, south of Soi 17 traffic lights, a couple of hundred metres along on the left.

Large covered yard more than a shop. Don't know their English capability - after I showed my wife where it was she did all the dealing.

Also there is a fairly large garden pool / aquarium place on Thepprasit (or is it Theppraya?) Anyway - the one that goes from Sukhumvit down to Jomtien at Tesco / Outlet Mall. When you get to the go-kart track on your right (coming from Suk). More for pond plants and the like, but also fish.

The shop on third road is the biggest, but they (or any other shop) simply don't have any experience with bigger aquaria.

Had to do all the research ourselves, and buy all the equipment from Bangkok, even nitrite/nitrate test kits etc. are simply not on sale in Pattaya.

And please, no name calling and/or flaming, the OP might not be the most appreciated member around, but he is definitely not posting from Vancouver, and everything indicates he is in Thailand...

Monty

As previously posted on another thread there`s a shop located just after the Pattaya Tai/Soi Kophai intersect. about 200m up towards Suk. He stocks all kinds of test equipment and has set up a lot of tanks around Pattaya.

When I bought my saltwater tank he took me around to show a customers 10k liters saltwater tank fitted in the house wall.... Very impressive.

He speaks reasonable english and you can order about everything that comes out of the ocean/river/lake.

Drop by the shop and tell him what you want, I`m sure he can help any poster or others for that matter.

Oh, by the way; look for a guy wearing sunglasses. He`s got some kind of problem with his eyes.