Travel from Phuket

KhaoYai

My wife will be returning to Thailand from the UK in October and we are considering using the Phuket Sandbox Scheme rather than her being shut in an ASQ hotel in Bangkok - she's had her first jab and will be fully vaccinated well before she travels.

Post Sandbox she will need to get back to Korat but she tells me there are no domestic flights running at the moment.  The Phuket airport departures list shows flights from both Vietjet and Lion Air leaving and Suvarnabhumi Airport shows them arriving so what's going on?  Are they just carrying cargo?  Both Vietjet and Lion Air websites show no flights available.

I seem to remember reading about the flights ending and that some kind of bus service had been put on for people ending their Sandbox stay to travel to Bangkok - is that correct?

As I type this (things change quickly) I believe the only air service currently in operation is from Phuket Airport to Utapao (Pattaya) offered by Nok Air.

The Sandbox Express bus service is also in operation and that would take one from Phuket to Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok for 1,800 baht (leaves Phuket 5:00 AM and arrives to BKK before 9:00 PM).  Only available to Sandboxers.

You can make a private arrangement with a driver of a van/car.  You can rent a car and drive yourself.  

I'll see if I can't find more information for the Nok Air flights to Utapao and the Sandbox Express bus.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, skatewash said:

As I type this (things change quickly) I believe the only air service currently in operation is from Phuket Airport to Utapao (Pattaya) offered by Nok Air.

Thanks for that but I don't think that service is available. I tried one way from Phuket to U-Tapao and U-Tapao doesn't show up in the destination list.  Reverse the direction and flights are shown - even with a return flight but when I click on 'Show Flight Price' - the page just refreshes to a new search.