Thousands of Tourists Enjoy “Phuket Sandbox 7+7” Extension Program

snoop1130

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Like to see the weekly arrivals, as that number seems to be stagnating

missing

I wonder have they realised that genuine tourists are not going to put up with their  B S red tape 

Edited by smedly
  • Like 2

Fake news for sure . Reasons are as follows :

1. You can't apply for this model,yet, on COE website

2. You can't switch from original model with 14 nights to 7 +7 

So , please explain how thousands can enjoy this new model. Maybe there is the intention to do so...like me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Even the US VP Harris don't want to stop over. What's wrong with her Thais love a good laugh.

I wonder where  the soldiers from this years (under reported)

C.O.B.R.A Gold excercises spent their time ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2021 at 11:25 AM, Mike Galley said:

Fake news for sure . Reasons are as follows :

1. You can't apply for this model,yet, on COE website

2. You can't switch from original model with 14 nights to 7 +7 

So , please explain how thousands can enjoy this new model. Maybe there is the intention to do so...like me.

No need to do that

for the same reason ..... You just exit on night 7 to one other of the approved provinces. however. you need to plan it.. so you have pre booked hotels and show that. You have to stay in the sandbox for 14 days, but doe not have to stay more than a week the first place.. Then you can hop around in the sandbox.. Example.

7 days phuket, 3 nights phi phi, 2 nights koh yao, one night samui, and then 2 weeks in krabi.. but on day 14.. The hotel you have then... looks like krabi will issue a healt certificate from the authorities saying you are finished with the hurdle. 

Not difficult to understand. 

7+7 .. i am guessing is misleading .. i could be wrong.. , but after 7 days.. there is no need to stay another 7 days another place.. but you have to stay the last 7 days inside the sandbox approved provinces. Clear.. as mud or?

4 hours ago, paahlman said:

No need to do that

for the same reason ..... You just exit on night 7 to one other of the approved provinces. however. you need to plan it.. so you have pre booked hotels and show that. You have to stay in the sandbox for 14 days, but doe not have to stay more than a week the first place.. Then you can hop around in the sandbox.. Example.

7 days phuket, 3 nights phi phi, 2 nights koh yao, one night samui, and then 2 weeks in krabi.. but on day 14.. The hotel you have then... looks like krabi will issue a healt certificate from the authorities saying you are finished with the hurdle. 

Not difficult to understand. 

7+7 .. i am guessing is misleading .. i could be wrong.. , but after 7 days.. there is no need to stay another 7 days another place.. but you have to stay the last 7 days inside the sandbox approved provinces. Clear.. as mud or?

Not at all:

You may not change your mind and do 7+7 if you already have COE for 14 days in Phuket and also 3 PCR already prepaid in Phuket. You are not allowed to do that.

On the other hand, 7+7 is not 7+2+2+2+1. You must stay 7 days in Phuket and then 7 days in only one other place. Let's say Samui, for instance. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/4/2021 at 6:14 PM, Espanol said:

Not at all:

You may not change your mind and do 7+7 if you already have COE for 14 days in Phuket and also 3 PCR already prepaid in Phuket. You are not allowed to do that.

On the other hand, 7+7 is not 7+2+2+2+1. You must stay 7 days in Phuket and then 7 days in only one other place. Let's say Samui, for instance. 

Aha.. So you say it is actually 7+7 exactly. meaning you can only go to 2 places.. I am not so sure about that.. I thought you where allowed.. ok.. Maybe you can only go to a day trip to phi phi from phuket, but can not stay there one night.. have to stay 7 right?

3 hours ago, paahlman said:

Aha.. So you say it is actually 7+7 exactly. meaning you can only go to 2 places.. I am not so sure about that.. I thought you where allowed.. ok.. Maybe you can only go to a day trip to phi phi from phuket, but can not stay there one night.. have to stay 7 right?

Yes, that's right. You must stay 7 days at each destination and may not go outside your province even for a short trip.

For instance, while in Phuket you may not go to day trip to Phi Phi or James Bond Island, because they are in a different province. 

You can check at embassy website instead of guessing. 

Have you already checked for a COE?

I reckon your are just supposing. 

I'm in my 10th day sandbox in Phuket. 

No way to change plan to 7+7 because I got COE for 14 days.

No way to go to Phi Phi even for a short trip.

No way even for a short trip outside Phuket until I finish sandbox. 

Edited by Espanol
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/22/2021 at 5:49 AM, Espanol said:

Yes, that's right. You must stay 7 days at each destination and may not go outside your province even for a short trip.

For instance, while in Phuket you may not go to day trip to Phi Phi or James Bond Island, because they are in a different province. 

You can check at embassy website instead of guessing. 

Have you already checked for a COE?

I reckon your are just supposing. 

I'm in my 10th day sandbox in Phuket. 

No way to change plan to 7+7 because I got COE for 14 days.

No way to go to Phi Phi even for a short trip.

No way even for a short trip outside Phuket until I finish sandbox. 

Actually this was not a problem , but i might have put the question a little wrong.. I went to a daytrip to both phang nga area(koh yao) and phi phi.. and returned the same day.. Like you say.. overnight is probably a different thing, but day trips.. not overnight trips where ok.. All this nonsense is over now anyway.. or in a week.  ????

3 hours ago, paahlman said:

Actually this was not a problem , but i might have put the question a little wrong.. I went to a daytrip to both phang nga area(koh yao) and phi phi.. and returned the same day.. Like you say.. overnight is probably a different thing, but day trips.. not overnight trips where ok.. All this nonsense is over now anyway.. or in a week.  ????

Actually, you may not leave Phuket province, so Phi Phi is off limits, but they will never know unless they check your GPS with the app they force you to install in your telephone when arriving at airport. 

But, in my opinion, the only thing they check is you reporting daily at your hotel.

Actually, people returning to Phuket stay at home and they only go to hotel in the morning, have breakfast, checks in at front desk and go back home with family. 

On 10/23/2021 at 1:10 PM, Espanol said:

Actually, you may not leave Phuket province, so Phi Phi is off limits, but they will never know unless they check your GPS with the app they force you to install in your telephone when arriving at airport. 

But, in my opinion, the only thing they check is you reporting daily at your hotel.

Actually, people returning to Phuket stay at home and they only go to hotel in the morning, have breakfast, checks in at front desk and go back home with family. 

Exactly