Foreigners urged to register for Pfizer jabs as vaccinations get underway at Central in Korat

webfact

5pm.jpg

File photo

Foreigners over 60 living in Nakhon Ratchasima have been urged to register for Pfizer inoculations against Covid-19 via a website address.

Dr Jet Bunyawongwirot, assistant director of Maharat Nakhon Ratchasima Hospital urged those eligible to register at expatvac.consular.go.th.

They should bring all relevant documents once they get their notifications and someone to translate might help if they brought them along too.

Yesterday the Thai media reported that foreigners were turning up at the hall atop Central department store in the north eastern gateway city. This is being run inconjuction with the Maharat hospital. 

No walk-ins are allowed and people who successfully register will get emails and SMS notifications.

Students who wish to go abroad were also being vaccinated under similar arrangements.

Meanwhile Thais in the general population were getting Astra Zeneca second doses and first doses of Sinopharm from the Chulabhorn Royal Academy yesterday. 

Discover Cigna’s range of health insurance solutions created for expats and local nationals living in Thailand - click to view

asean_now_BB.jpg

I registered via the website and by email confirmation on August 3rd, got my appointment notice on 23rd at 11:37 p.m. for the next morning at 10 a.m. When I arrived there (after 90 minutes drive) everything was very organized and I had the choice between Pfizer, AstraZenica and Sinopharm. 11:30 everything was done and dusted.

It would have been nice to get the notice earlier, but it worked anyway. The service at Central Korat was great. Next jab will be on September 14th.

• Like 1

I registered on 10 August and still don't have an appointment.
I'm 69 so I would have thought I was near the top priority.
Anybody know how many they are vaccinating a day?
And/or how long this service is expected to be running?

• Like 1

Livram,, I   got the jab at Central Korat  on  Tuesday, via my  registering on Expatvac )even though I couldnt  add both my passport  and visa page together, and assumed I would be rejected,( but wasnt.)  I didnt nominate any place in particular to be vaccinated, there was no room on the registration blog to do so anyway.  There seemed to be farangs  from all parts of Korat province there, I spoke to  a couple  who had driven well over 100kms.

3 minutes ago, HAPPYNUFF said:

Livram,, I   got the jab at Central Korat  on  Tuesday, via my  registering on Expatvac )even though I couldnt  add both my passport  and visa page together, and assumed I would be rejected,( but wasnt.)  I didnt nominate any place in particular to be vaccinated, there was no room on the registration blog to do so anyway.  There seemed to be farangs  from all parts of Korat province there, I spoke to  a couple  who had driven well over 100kms.

I think I made a mistake by selecting Khamthaleso Hospital as my preferred destination. Had my daughter ask about expat vax at Khamthaleso Hospital and NOBODY knew anything.