Check points currently operating?

eboy

Several weeks ago, I believe, it was announced that there would be check points on the roads leading into and out of Bangkok, Chon Buri, etc., as these are "deep red" zones.

As of now, on 2021-08-25, does anyone know if these checkpoints are in place? A friend of mine is thinking of coming from Bangkok to Pattaya for a visit, and I would not want her busted at a checkpoint.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Me think it's a tasteless post, you could have done better saying what you needed to say without the extra mile...

Don't care what you think or whether you don't have a sense of humour or like having a bit of fun.

As Thais would say don't look at it. 

Which check points?

I did a run from Nong Khai to Pattaya and back last week - nothing in sight nowhere. I recorded the trip as stipulated by the bigwigs, printed out the itinerary and the QR code just to produce some more wasted paper.

Not, that it came as a surprise though, but nevertheless another instruction professionally overlooked and purposely not implemented. 

You might want to register your trip on https://covid-19.in.th/en. "Register", then acknowledge the "privacy" issue and the next page is all in English. Of course there is no "print-out itinerary" function so you want to screen print the itinerary and the QR code and carry it with you. Beware, one registry for one trip, i.e. Pattaya-Bangkok is one trip, Bangkok-Pattaya another. 

You might produce this for the bin but at least nobody can accuse you of sneaking around illegally! 

• Like 1