First vaccination in Pattaya today.

Nickelbeer

Finally got my first Pfizer vaccination for Covid 19. I was scheduled to get mine at the Central Festival Mall beginning at 12 noon. I got there early. It was a real hassle getting to the sixth floor since most of the elevators in the mall were blocked off. I found some open near the back of the mall and headed upstairs. When I got there, the line was all the way around the floor. I showed them my SMS and my Passport and they gave me a short form to fill out and I got in line. Fortunately, it moved very quickly. I was feeling sorry for one white-haired old guy in front of me, who was having a tough time standing up. We talked a little bit and it turns out we were the same age. ???? The queue was very well managed and worked very smoothly and professionally. All in, it took a couple of hours, and my second shot is scheduled for September 16th. Looks like the attendees were about 99 percent white Americans. The USA was very generous in donating the Pfizer vaccine to Thailand. They could have vaccinated all their "elites" and still have plenty leftover. I think there are about 16 thousand Americans living in Thailand.

I just got mine at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital, waiting out the 30 minute rest period. I had got an sms saying I’d get Pfizer. When I got here they said I was on the AZ list, not the Pfizer one, somebody else said they had run out (not true because others were getting it). I am happy to get a decent vaccine but just wish they wouldn’t lie to me.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, NewGuy said:

I just got mine at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital, waiting out the 30 minute rest period. I had got an sms saying I’d get Pfizer. When I got here they said I was on the AZ list, not the Pfizer one, somebody else said they had run out (not true because others were getting it). I am happy to get a decent vaccine but just wish they wouldn’t lie to me.

Astrazeneca is probably equal to Pfizer or at least close. The brand Pfizer was printed right on the sheet that I got, so I guess I made the cut. I certainly will be early again on September 16th. I don't want to take a chance on getting something I didn't plan on.