Thailand added to UK 'red list' - reciprocity arrives

ukrules

Thailand has been added to the UK red list which requires an expensive hotel quarantine from next Monday.

Similar to those who come to Thailand from the UK.

image.png.5e23d1918260b71782477940377e9d08.png

Source : https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england

Red list rules : https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england#red-list-rules

Information about quarantine process : https://www.gov.uk/guidance/booking-and-staying-in-a-quarantine-hotel-when-you-arrive-in-england

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, pookondee said:

Next step, make Thais entering the

U.K buy health insurance from a U.K company.

And while theyre at it, make them take a Covid test every 12 hours thereafter for the duration of quarantine ????

Extend the quarantine to 14 days too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mxer90 said:

I had a feeling this was going to happen. Just got back to the UK on Tuesday.....cutting it fine, pheeew.

Obviously Swampy is very quiet but the difference to Heathrow was pretty crazy.

<clip picture>

And that's what an efficient vaccination policy achieves.

@ukrules     I don't see it as reciprocity - just predictable.

It was almost a "given" that Thailand would be added to the Red list - unfortunately! 

I still disagree with fully vaccinated people being affected, however - also, carrying Covid into a country that has vaccinated 85% of its people should NOT be seen as dangerous - here nature should now be allowed to take its course....not the case in Thailand.

I, and most people I know here in UK don't care who we mix with now we're vaxxed - otherwise what would be the point of vaccination at all?

2 hours ago, VBF said:

And that's what an efficient vaccination policy achieves.

@ukrules     I don't see it as reciprocity - just predictable.

It was almost a "given" that Thailand would be added to the Red list - unfortunately! 

I still disagree with fully vaccinated people being affected, however - also, carrying Covid into a country that has vaccinated 85% of its people should NOT be seen as dangerous - here nature should now be allowed to take its course....not the case in Thailand.

I, and most people I know here in UK don't care who we mix with now we're vaxxed - otherwise what would be the point of vaccination at all?

Best case is that around 63% have been vaccinated, excluding under 16's. I think the Government are more concerned with variant strains making the current vaccines redundant

Edited by Chelseafan
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

Best case is that around 63% have been vaccinated, excluding under 16's. I think the Government are more concerned with variant strains making the current vaccines redundant

I do get that although I think it's more than that but haven't bothered to get the exact figure which I'm sure is out there.  The principle is, it's a majority and rising daily.

Similar response to @ukrules So far the vaxxes have been at least some use against all variants and at some stage we have to "bite the bullet" and say, "now we're vaccinated, let's treat Covid like any other disease". After all, those who are worried can continue to avoid people but with the vaxxes, those of us who are not concerned can get on with our lives...as in fact we are doing within UK.

I suppose, shooting myself in the foot, that this measure might help life within UK stay on track, so I'm not blind to your thoughts....just frustrated!

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1