Flooding again

johng

Just bumped into my next door neighbour

he reports flooding in central Pattaya...probably not surprising after the heavy rain last night and continuing drizzle all day so far

Anyone else in central /south Pattaya experiencing flooding today ?

I expect the railway road would be flooded in paces  as well as Sukhumvit in the "normal" places ( not the tunnel ???? )

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, topt said:

I am surprised that no-one has posted a few pics. A friend of my gf on a video call showed her waist high water in her soi in Central Pattaya. 

A friend just returned to UK from Pattaya was sent these by friends here this morning but he is not sure where from exactly

LINE_P20210827_145745584.jpg

LINE_P20210827_145745588.jpg

That would be the South Pattaya Road/Sukhumvit intersection (you can see the Esso station and Burger King in the background).

That intersection floods almost as soon as there's a cloud in the sky. I recall not long ago there were pics of kids playing/swimming in there because it was so deep that no traffic was brave enough to try and cross it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

That would be the South Pattaya Road/Sukhumvit intersection (you can see the Esso station and Burger King in the background).

That intersection floods almost as soon as there's a cloud in the sky. I recall not long ago there were pics of kids playing/swimming in there because it was so deep that no traffic was brave enough to try and cross it.

Time to get a gill net and go fishing......

• Like 1

Just be thankful you do not live in The Village on 3rd Road near Pattaya City Hospital....I came home in the late afternoon to find my kitchen and bedroom under 2 feet of water.....and mud!????????. Seems like every big rain we get flooded....not fun on any level.....and I am not a huge fan of a waterbed and indoor swimming pool.....might as well just hunker down in the swamp.????????????????????????

0C688284-C55D-4AD4-8141-CEA0AAEBE8AB.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Bangkok used to  flood alll the time especially in 2011 untill Thaskin  hired engineers from Amsterdam to put in flood measures , pumps, locks ect.

Same ashe hired engineer who built the Zakim Bridge in Boston to build the Rama9 bridge here which is a copy of ours. They need to do the same for Pattaya. Every heavy rain the beach or roads wash away. If they don't have the expertise to fix hire those that can.

August_4,_2011_beautiful_Boston_vista_(6012618162)_crop.jpg

Edited by Tony125
  • Like 2

On 8/27/2021 at 1:20 AM, Kerryd said:

Don't be disparaging! That's the way they plan to attract tourists to Pattaya!

20 minutes ago, elgenon said:

Don't be disparaging! That's the way they plan to attract tourists to Pattaya!

I've said for years that the Thai Olympic White Water Kayaking teams should be training on Soi Khao Noi and Khao Talo.

They could turn that into a new tourist attraction ! Kayaking down the soi, dodging food cart vendors, floating garbage bags (and cans) and the odd crocodile/snake (on the advanced courses).

(Like how we proposed turning Kandahar into a pro golf course, where the bunkers were actual bunkers and the sand traps were booby-trapped. But hey, lots of sunshine ! And probably less hostile gunfire than in most American cities !)

• Like 1