Insurance Question about retuning to Thailand on an OA Visa

So I plan to leave Thailand with a reentry permit on my OA Visa. I'll return to Thailand say 20 Nov-2021 My OA expires 28 Dec 2021. When I got this extension I used an agent and got a BS health insurance policy. I've misplaced the Ins card. My question is will I be asked to show proof of Health Insurance by anyone when I return?? 

My plan is to use an agent again when I return to extend OA.

31 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You will need to prove the 40/400k insurance valid to the day your re-entry permit expires to apply for a certificate of entry (COE).

That wipes one option, but I can still reenter with either a visa exempt or get a Non O - 90 Day because of minor Thai dependent for the COE even though I still have time left on my OA extension. Right??

If you did not get a re-entry permit before leaving that would end your OA extension and only OA visa entry when you enter the country,

You could then apply for a non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai or you could enter visa exempt.

You could use the member of a Thai family category to apply for the COE. But there is good chance they would want the OA visa insurance if you have a valid re-entry permit (it can vary from embassy to embassy).

16 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

Leave without a re entry permit and return after the O-A visa expiry date if you want to kill your O-A.

I am sure his OA visa has expired since he on a extension of stay based upon retirement. No need for a re-entry permit if it was still valid.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

Leave without a re entry permit and return after the O-A visa expiry date if you want to kill your O-A.  Return visa exempt or a 90 day Non O from home country. 

39 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you did not get a re-entry permit before leaving that would end your OA extension and only OA visa entry when you enter the country,

You could then apply for a non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai or you could enter visa exempt.

You could use the member of a Thai family category to apply for the COE. But there is good chance they would want the OA visa insurance if you have a valid re-entry permit (it can vary from embassy to embassy).

So I don't have to wait till OA expires before I return as Cansium suggested . As long as I don't have a reentry permit I can come back to Thailand either visa exempt or with a single entry Non O before my original OA expires without showing health ins.

Sorry for beating a dead horse. As I stated at the beginning I'll have a month left on my OA when I return.

Edited by EVENKEEL

8 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

So I don't have to wait till OA expires before I return as Cansium suggested . As long as I don't have a reentry permit I can come back to Thailand either visa exempt or with a single entry Non O before my original OA expires without showing health ins.

I assume your OA visa expired long ago since you mentioned getting a extension of stay last year.

It is your extension of stay (it is not a visa) that is expiring if you did not get a re-entry permit it would end on the day you leave the country. You could then enter visa exempt or with a non-o visa issued by a embassy or a official consulate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

As long as I don't have a reentry permit I can come back to Thailand either visa exempt or with a single entry Non O before my original OA expires without showing health ins.

Sorry for beating a dead horse. As I stated at the beginning I'll have a month left on my OA when I return.

You should be able to easily contact the insurance company to get a replacement card, or at least an emailed official policy document that will suffice. 

You can also come in on a visa exempt, then swap over to a single entry non-O from within thailand, then extend the same non-O just like normal. Dont need to get the non-o before you arrive. It can easily be swapped within thailand. 

You also need the 3,000,000 Baht/$100,000 USD covid insurance for the COE process. 

This covid insurance MIGHT also satisfy your OA insurance requirement. One policy for both applications, but this is just a thought - someone would have to confirm this. 

4 minutes ago, Leveraged said:

You should be able to easily contact the insurance company to get a replacement card, or at least an emailed official policy document that will suffice. 

You can also come in on a visa exempt, then swap over to a single entry non-O from within thailand, then extend the same non-O just like normal. Dont need to get the non-o before you arrive. It can easily be swapped within thailand. 

You also need the 3,000,000 Baht/$100,000 USD covid insurance for the COE process. 

This covid insurance MIGHT also satisfy your OA insurance requirement. One policy for both applications, but this is just a thought - someone would have to confirm this. 

I just found the policy, I've never even opened it before. It cost 3,000 tbh from the agent I used. The plastic ID card has my name handwritten and the paper policy cover sheet is well faded, truly rinky dink. ahahaa Yeah I may just return with a visa exempt and go from there to a NON O. I'm really against mailing my passport in to get the visa in the US. The OA visa has just gotten to be a hassle.