Spider ID Help

Saraburi121

This spider ran out from underneath my recliner while watching TV, almost spilled my beverage it startled me so much.

Snapped a photo with my iPhone, wicked look creature and quite large.  Looked on the internet but haven't positively identified it yet.  Wonder if it is venomous?

IMG_1694.jpeg

• Like 1

Our ground level  bathroom has two openings to the outside garden.

I have squashed three of these creatures there but I let the last one I saw free to go on about its business after deciding that they're probably harmless. Didn't hear the wife scream so that spider went unnoticed by her.

Last April I did get a nasty bite at my ankle by a mysterious beast while sitting outside at night. I didn't feel any pain but all of a sudden I felt feverish and was in bed with high fever for two weeks. The bite mark was by then obvious, and big red splatches appeared on my leg. I should have gone to a clinic but I thought Tylenol would be the only med I needed.

Then two weeks after I thought it was over I woke up with a fever and, more dramatically a prostate blockage. This time I went to a clinic. It was over in a week but then a week later again fever, this time no prostate trouble as I was still on prostate med but this time my leg had doubled in size. No pain, I could walk normally. This time the clinic prescribed again anti biotics meds and also gave me double anti biotics injections in my behind for one week.

I am now OK but my leg is still noticeably thicker than normal.

What was it that bit me? A spider? Sometimes we have small scorpion in our yard ...

On 8/31/2021 at 4:40 PM, Crossy said:

Yeah, I think it was a Huntsman, harmless to humans.

They can bite. My sister used to live in the last street of a small country town in Oz with just bush behind her house. Lots of them there. One night a visitor got in her car and there was one on the ceiling of the car. Obviously  not being an arachnophobe she lifted it of with her and and let it run around her hand as she put it outside. A short time later she said it bit me and had quite a large lump on the back of her hand. Only incident I ever heard.

On 9/3/2021 at 10:56 AM, jayceenik said:

Our ground level  bathroom has two openings to the outside garden.

I have squashed three of these creatures there but I let the last one I saw free to go on about its business after deciding that they're probably harmless. Didn't hear the wife scream so that spider went unnoticed by her.

Last April I did get a nasty bite at my ankle by a mysterious beast while sitting outside at night. I didn't feel any pain but all of a sudden I felt feverish and was in bed with high fever for two weeks. The bite mark was by then obvious, and big red splatches appeared on my leg. I should have gone to a clinic but I thought Tylenol would be the only med I needed.

Then two weeks after I thought it was over I woke up with a fever and, more dramatically a prostate blockage. This time I went to a clinic. It was over in a week but then a week later again fever, this time no prostate trouble as I was still on prostate med but this time my leg had doubled in size. No pain, I could walk normally. This time the clinic prescribed again anti biotics meds and also gave me double anti biotics injections in my behind for one week.

I am now OK but my leg is still noticeably thicker than normal.

What was it that bit me? A spider? Sometimes we have small scorpion in our yard ...

Sounds like Covid.......sorry couldn't help it. Doubt it was the Huntsman as they run away rather than attack. Their bites can cause a bit of pain & swelling but only for about a day. Have been bitten by one when tying to save it from the cat but no worse than a bee sting for me 

Huntsman spider. 

Harmless.

Actually beneficial to you as they catch and kill insect pests and insects that can transmit diseases to humans.

If I find one in the house I just trap it under a drinking glass, slide a bit of paper under it and let it outside.

• Like 2

Virtually all spiders are venomous. 

But this guy minds his own business, which is eating all the bad bugs in your house, like roaches, and if he did bite you, just a welt, though pain can be bad for a while. You'd have to really provoke him to get bit.

Scary thing about them is how fast they can move....

Set a glass over him next time and carry him outside. His wife is a widow, and she's pi$$ed....

Edited by HeijoshinCool
  • Like 2

Have a few in my house, mainly small ones but a big (to me) one made an appearance last night. I waved my foot at it to shoo it away and it seemed to make a bee line for me. I retreated a bit and it disappeared under one of the sofas. Don't mind them being around, but not too close!!

Have seen them matching up, on the wall, with our resident jingjoks. But, as others have said, they are fast af so no real danger of being caught, at least not from what I have seen.

I also had a bite mark on my big toe (still have a scab) a week or so ago, painful for a day or two so that may have been caused by a spider whilst I was watching TV.

Are spiders mainly nocturnal, or mainly spotted at night because of fewer folk around?