Krung Thai Bank Pcl

No - got told cant have - thats why i have very little in there - but was also told that on term deposits would get interest - if not why bother.

I got this account when it was possible to put 3M Bt into a gov bank and get a 1 year visa - although i never did that. Not a particularly good bank - Kbank is best. Of the gov banks the Gov Housing Bank (think this is the right name) apparently pays the highest interest and it is possible for a non-thai to get paid interest (acording to Topfield)

I have a Gov Savings Bank acount as well and that is a very basic bank, but did have some good interest rates - just dont know if i get paid interest on that one yet...

No - got told cant have - thats why i have very little in there - but was also told that on term deposits would get interest - if not why bother.

I got this account when it was possible to put 3M Bt into a gov bank and get a 1 year visa - although i never did that. Not a particularly good bank - Kbank is best. Of the gov banks the Gov Housing Bank (think this is the right name) apparently pays the highest interest and it is possible for a non-thai to get paid interest (acording to Topfield)

I have a Gov Savings Bank acount as well and that is a very basic bank, but did have some good interest rates - just dont know if i get paid interest on that one yet...

Hi,

I have a savings acoount with SCB but it is in another town.

I opened this KTB account because KTB is the only bank with a branch in the Amphur.

The KTB online banking is very basic but it works and when I send money from Tokyo it is credited the same day with a great rate !

Is it possible to move an account from one branch in one town to another branch in another town (this with SCB) ?

Thanks

Easiest way is to take your existing scb account to the place you want to open an account and ask to open another account. Should be able to do this and you get an extra account.

Kasikorn is the best of all Thai banks I have been involved with and you can get a virtual credit card with them too.

SCB internet banking is worse than Krung Thai ! The new Krung Thai Internet banking isnt bad, but it puts SCB's in the shade. Looks like a school project to me...

Easiest way is to take your existing scb account to the place you want to open an account and ask to open another account. Should be able to do this and you get an extra account.

Kasikorn is the best of all Thai banks I have been involved with and you can get a virtual credit card with them too.

SCB internet banking is worse than Krung Thai ! The new Krung Thai Internet banking isnt bad, but it puts SCB's in the shade. Looks like a school project to me...

SCB was the only bank at the time which agreed to open an account with internet banking (I had been with Bangkok bank before that but they never accepted to give me access to their online banking so I left after opening SCB)

SCB (in Uttaradit) is very user friendly and I have been very happy with them. Thye give interest on savings account and were very friendly when we did the borrowing for the shop. The internat banking is not all that fancy but it serves my needs.

However I am moving from Uttaradit to Khun Han (south of Sisaket in Isaan) and needed a new account.

I will follow your suggestion of trying to see if Kasikorn and/or SCB have a branch in Sisaket and see if they will open an account to have a back-up in case of trouble with KTB.

Online banking with Kasikorn : When you want to add a new beneficiary account to your list of online beneficiaries accounts, do you need to go to the branch or can you do all online (SCB requires you to bring a print of your request and verify your signature and it takes a week before it can be used online, with KTB it seemsyou can do it all online providing you have a registerred local Thai mobile phone number where they send some sort of verification code)?

My original Siam Bank account was in Pattaya. I was spending a lot of time in another province and got charged 20 baht for each transaction with the ATM card. I opened a new account in Loei province and can wire transfer money from the US to either account. It works well for me having two accounts. I can update both books at the same bank in either province.

My original Siam Bank account was in Pattaya. I was spending a lot of time in another province and got charged 20 baht for each transaction with the ATM card. I opened a new account in Loei province and can wire transfer money from the US to either account. It works well for me having two accounts. I can update both books at the same bank in either province.

Gary is that Siam Commercial Bank ?

Do you use the internet banking ? if so can you transfer between your accounts and do they charge ?

Edited by Krub

Do you use the internet banking ? if so can you transfer between your accounts and do they charge ?

You can with Kasikorn, if you register the receiving account, you cannot transfer to another

bank with SCB online, so their service is a bit of a lemon, It's not very useful for ... well anything.

Naka.

Edited by naka

Yes. it is Siam Commercial Bank. I don't use their online service as the risk for the ATM transactions is bad enough. I have an account in Pattaya and one in Loei. I wire transfer money from my US Citibank account into either one and the money is there the next day regardless of which branch I transfer to. I have never transferred money between the branches. I have two ATM cards, one for each branch. It costs 20 baht to withdraw 20,000 baht between provinces. I see no need to use their Internet service.

Yes. it is Siam Commercial Bank. I don't use their online service as the risk for the ATM transactions is bad enough. I have an account in Pattaya and one in Loei. I wire transfer money from my US Citibank account into either one and the money is there the next day regardless of which branch I transfer to. I have never transferred money between the branches. I have two ATM cards, one for each branch. It costs 20 baht to withdraw 20,000 baht between provinces. I see no need to use their Internet service.

Thanks Gary

It surely makes sense nad safer to do it that way.

As I am only 30% of my timein Thailand until later next year when I hope it will be 80%, I find the internet banking very useful even if only to transfer to a friend and ask them to make the local payments

Kasikorn is the way to go as it is the only thai bank that will let you set up receivers (parties to receive cash from you) entirely online. But you need to have a thai mobile to receive one time passwords. If your out of thailand best to have a contract phone with int roaming and just use it to receive sms's. Wont work with non thai mobile numbers. Of course there are workarounds - like you use your thai partners mobile and call them when your expecting/requested a one time password then get them to tell you. The OTP's are good for 30 mins - so in this time another will not be sent and once a correct one is entered is covers all the more risky actions for 30mins or so, I beleive...

HTH's

Kasikorn lets you transfer to other banks online too. Just like all should be, but the only one I know of... Their telephone customer service is good and will sort very serious problems out over the phone and will contact your branch for you on your behalf. I was amazed at that one - still was nice to the guy and wrote a nice email to his supervisor - never heard anything more of it but in 15 years time I guess he will still be working there and will remember me...

Thanks Gary

As I am only 30% of my timein Thailand until later next year when I hope it will be 80%, I find the internet banking very useful even if only to transfer to a friend and ask them to make the local payments

Do you mean that the OTP is only required to set up the receivers details online and once they are set-up I can later without OTP transfer money to those registerred ?

I could easily set up the beneficiaries while I am in Thailand with my local mobile on...

It seems that it is also this way that KTB works but only for beneficiaries with another KTB account not other bank's

Thanks

Kasikorn is the way to go as it is the only thai bank that will let you set up receivers (parties to receive cash from you) entirely online. But you need to have a thai mobile to receive one time passwords. If your out of thailand best to have a contract phone with int roaming and just use it to receive sms's. Wont work with non thai mobile numbers. Of course there are workarounds - like you use your thai partners mobile and call them when your expecting/requested a one time password then get them to tell you. The OTP's are good for 30 mins - so in this time another will not be sent and once a correct one is entered is covers all the more risky actions for 30mins or so, I beleive...

HTH's

Kasikorn lets you transfer to other banks online too. Just like all should be, but the only one I know of... Their telephone customer service is good and will sort very serious problems out over the phone and will contact your branch for you on your behalf. I was amazed at that one - still was nice to the guy and wrote a nice email to his supervisor - never heard anything more of it but in 15 years time I guess he will still be working there and will remember me...

Thanks Gary