Two Bangkok international schools prosecuted over illegal activities

webfact

Why not name the schools?

Any random Somchai gets named when arrested for a crime but not yet convicted. They even get them to do the photo shoot of the crime. But here they don't name the schools. Are they waiting for a brown envelope?

Anyway, I reckon the first one is as xxx it's the only one I know of on that road.

Edited by 2long

Just now, 2long said:

Why not name the schools?

Any random Somchai gets named when arrested for a crime but not yet convicted. They even get them to do the photo shoot of the crime. But here they don't name the schools. Are they waiting for a brown envelope?

Anyway, I reckon the first one is as xxx it's the only one I know of on that road.

Forgive me, it appears to be in the link, in Thai.

• Haha 1

Today (August 25, 64), Mr. Atthaphon Triktong, secretary-general of the Office of the Private Promotion Commission or the National Council for Peace and Order (NSO) revealed that at the meeting of the Private Education Commission There was a resolution to file a lawsuit against two international schools, Foster International School. and St. Mark's International School by Foster International School has hired foreign teachers without work permits to teach The Bangkok Employment Office Area 6 has arrested six foreign teachers without work permits. The arrest was made while teaching was in progress. It was also found that the school had buildings that did not comply with the ministerial regulations. while St. Mark's International School Has allowed the establishment of the school on September 2, 2542, with permission to teach only the kindergarten level 1-3, but no instruments were sent to establish and did not send details related to the school's affairs. Teaching at the elementary-secondary level without a license, therefore, the NHSO has ordered the suspension of accepting new students on August 24, 2021. At the same time, officials have been sent to inspect the area for additional information. Evidence for the next complaint The NHSO will intensively inspect Ekkachai schools during the absence of onsite teaching. A large number of NHSO and found that both schools have violated the law. We are confident that there will definitely be more schools with such problems. due to the covid-19 situation that affect many private school affairs Mr. Atthaphon added that If parents have any doubts about whether the school sending their children to attend has problems or acts in violation of the Ministry of Education's regulations. Can check through the website of the Ministry of Education for confidence.

Well, I could not agree more. 

How on earth does anyone want to send a child to an international school, overly expensive and teachers who mostly do not even speak Thai. Thailand has the best schooling on Planet Earth, as we know and that is proven by all those international students seeking degrees in all subjects in a Thai university. 

The more stupid Thai kids are sent overseas to try to pass the inferiour school levels of educational institutes in the United Kingdom, France, United States, Japan, Australia or Switzerland. 

Prior to retirement I had work permits for 30 years and I could write a hilarious bestseller on what can  (and does) happen in the process of getting a work permit in the holy land. For starters, they dont speak English (who, in the first place, needs a work permit - Thai-speakers only?), you have to confirm that you have decided to employ yourself for yet another year and produce minutes of a board meeting, where you as the employment seeker, you as a boss and you as a board member as well as you as the minutes-recording officer have to sign - four times on the same sheet! 

I rest my case and feel sorry for all those kids deprived of a proper, normal education allowing them to meet the challenges of life ahead! 

On 9/2/2021 at 11:07 AM, Sydebolle said:

Well, I could not agree more. 

How on earth does anyone want to send a child to an international school, overly expensive and teachers who mostly do not even speak Thai. Thailand has the best schooling on Planet Earth, as we know and that is proven by all those international students seeking degrees in all subjects in a Thai university. 

The more stupid Thai kids are sent overseas to try to pass the inferiour school levels of educational institutes in the United Kingdom, France, United States, Japan, Australia or Switzerland. 

Prior to retirement I had work permits for 30 years and I could write a hilarious bestseller on what can  (and does) happen in the process of getting a work permit in the holy land. For starters, they dont speak English (who, in the first place, needs a work permit - Thai-speakers only?), you have to confirm that you have decided to employ yourself for yet another year and produce minutes of a board meeting, where you as the employment seeker, you as a boss and you as a board member as well as you as the minutes-recording officer have to sign - four times on the same sheet! 

I rest my case and feel sorry for all those kids deprived of a proper, normal education allowing them to meet the challenges of life ahead! 

Do yo speak any Thai after these 30 years?

17 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Fluently; had a lot of staff and the grandkids sometimes talk Thai among each other, why? 

Because he needed an angle from which to ridicule your sarcasm…. 

Don’t make any spelling mistake now… someone else will go full on ‘spelling Nazi’ because you criticized the ‘holy land! (As you put it) 

12 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Because he needed an angle from which to ridicule your sarcasm…. 

Don’t make any spelling mistake now… someone else will go full on ‘spelling Nazi’ because you criticized the ‘holy land! (As you put it) 

Instead of focussing on the subject, some focus on ridiculing the post and its creator. Not knowing for sure, I just answer the question - usually - to stay clear from "spelling mistakes" ????