Retiring in Vietnam: An Overview of What You Should Know

Jonathan Fairfield

Sorry to say but the credibility of the above video on "retirement visas" in Vietnam is atrocious.

There is no retirement visa in Vietnam.

Not now. Not before. Probably never. 

Yet this video mentions "retirement visas" for Vietnam several times.

They even mention an age and financial requirement for a visa that does not exist.

They also mention to need to show an absurd fitness to work for this fictional retirement visa.

Your retired and need to prove you can work? Are they having a laugh?

They fail to mention to historically significant shakeout of expats in Vietnam that happened this year.

Why are they promoting Vietnam as a "retirement" destination when Vietnam has made it crystal clear they do not want such people?!?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

^^^ Exactly correct, @Jingthing.  Expat forums on VN are filled with desperate people looking for a way out as they're being thrown out. Even holders of Business visas and work permits. I'm guessing VN hasn't sold even a single 90-day Tourist visa since early 2020. The regs were amended in July 2020 to require mandatory 30-day reports and passport stamps. Then, out you go after 90 days.

Only watched 5 minutes of the video. Narrator sounds like he's stuck in race mode.

Anyway, there's a picture from Cambodia near the beginning. Wrong! Temp ranges. Wrong! Etc. A true piece of buffalo excrement. 

PS I just came back after looking down the story index. Or should I say sorry index. I'll just leave it at that.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp
Fixes

As a retired Canadian married to a Vietnamese National and living in HCMC, Vietnam I would suggest that nobody give this article any weight. It's filled with nonsense. There is no Retirement Visa as others have pointed out. Very poor research by what is obviously a "click bait" author merely looking for readers instead of providing helpful information.

Sad.