Trouble at Surin Immigration - officers complain they had to pay back Covid allowances to "inspector"

webfact

I just had my extension done at Chong Chob and there is a whole new crew. Lady Captain is straight as an Australian desert highway. She needed pictures (2 per 1 A-4 !) redone and called me back the next day saying there was a problem with my passport. Tuned out I was missing 1 stamp from when I changed my home from Phuket. She sorted that out. Also no house visit and absolutely NO brow envelope! Took me a whole day !

11 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Running out of foreigners to steal from, so they now have to steal from their fellow officers? Disgusting.

I refused to pay 2500 baht for a Covid extension as I know and had the previous  3x 1900 baht receipts to prove it. Top to bottom corrupt. Been the same for 20+ years at that office, many stories. When they had an outbreak of Covd-19 they wouldn't post their infected staff's timelines on Facebook to protect  past visitors. They tried to cover it up. They deleted my request for information, about the outbreak on their Facebook page.

All it takes is for one of them to report him, which obviously happened and now he's in nig trouble, this guy is obviously an amateur.

Telling someone to go <deleted> themselves is often quite effective.

Edited by metisdead
Profanity removed.