Turkish Delight As Baht Bus # 351 Hands In Wallet....

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya City News: May 29th 2007

Honest Baht Bus Driver returns nearly 900 US Dollars left on his Bus to Turkish Tourist.

This story comes from Pattaya Police Station where Khun Somnook aged 51, the driver of Baht Bus number 351, arrived with a wallet belonging to a Turkish National which was left in the back of his Bus.

Inside the wallet was 891 US Dollars, 3 credit cards and other personal items. Police Lieutenant Colonel Prichar assisted the driver who wanted Police to help him track down the Turkish Man, Mr. Harun Emir Seyit aged 45.

The man was taken to Soi Post Office in South Pattaya and after a check of the street he was located and brought to the station to receive back his wallet from the kind-hearted and honest Baht Bus Driver.

wow, some good news for a change

probably half a years wages for the guy, :o

Plus I thought Turkish, being moslems are forbidden to own credit cards.............?

Turkey is a secular state - separates religion from politics. (That's what all the current problems are about)

But even in staunchly muslim countries there are ATMs and credit cards freely available for those who want them.

The Islamic credo is the same as the Christian dogma of the Middle Ages - you should not indulge in usury (making money out of your fellow man unjustly).

That's why the Christian Church of the time forced the Jews to be money-lenders (Shylock, et al.) Read Ivanhoe. This was not a Jewish scheme - it was literally forced on them by the Catholic Church.

Nowadays in Islamic (and other) Banks you may select an account with interest (not for true believers) or one that distributes a share of what the bank has earned through the year through it's investments and so on. Works out much the same in the end.

Credit cards which charge interest are also not for trus believers, but debit cards and ATM cards are OK.

Or at least - that's the way I understand things. My SCB ATM card doesn't work in Saudi though! Works in Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong and UK, but not Sandland.

Honest Baht Bus Driver returns nearly 900 US Dollars left on his Bus to Turkish Tourist.

This story comes from Pattaya Police Station where Khun Somnook aged 51, the driver of Baht Bus number 351, arrived with a wallet belonging to a Turkish National which was left in the back of his Bus.

Inside the wallet was 891 US Dollars, 3 credit cards and other personal items. Police Lieutenant Colonel Prichar assisted the driver who wanted Police to help him track down the Turkish Man, Mr. Harun Emir Seyit aged 45.

The man was taken to Soi Post Office in South Pattaya and after a check of the street he was located and brought to the station to receive back his wallet from the kind-hearted and honest Baht Bus Driver.

Well done to the baht bus driver :o

Did the turk give the driver a tip? Me thinks not :o

Well done to the baht bus driver :D

Plus I thought Turkish, being moslems are forbidden to own credit cards.............?

Doesn't Turkey have Christians as well as Muslims

About 1%

They kicked out, converted or murdered most of them.

About 1%

They were called Armenians. (Or am I being politically offensive?). Much more than 1% a hundred years ago - but one million at least killed.

About 1%

They were called Armenians. (Or am I being politically offensive?). Much more than 1% a hundred years ago - but one million at least killed.

Not forgetting the Greeks who inhabited much of Asia Minor and all of European Turkey (Thrace) before the Turks invaded.