Starting Off In Issan Chum Phae (si Chomphu) Area

blackcountryboing

Hi All,

I have been happilly scanning the pages for weeks now gaining valuable information. I have got a plot of land about 5 Rai, I have the land built up and looking to start building soon. I'm just seeing if anyone else is living in the area, and looking for anymore top tips.

I plan on building a single storie house with about 3 bedrooms on a 25m square plot, with the house about 16x16metres.

Im also looking at getting a borehole to supply water to the house and also water vegetable areas.

I have a pond dug to use the soil that is about 20 meteres by 8 metres which i plan to put some fish in.

I will also be keeping about 6 cows and 2 pigs on the land in a seperate area.

Just purchased my Toyota Hilux that im picking up this weekend in Pattaya to help me with the task.

Any info will be helpful. I plan to put some pics on and add bits and pieces as i go along the way as the knowledge i have gained from this site is great.

Cheers

Dean

Boing Boing

Welcome to Issan BCB, it seems you understand the land ownership rights here, so good luck with that, as for boreholes, pigs,cows and fish, have a good read of the Farming in Thailand forum, if you still cant find what you want, where it says enter Keywords, bottom left of page, try a search there, or post on the Farming topics forum, im sure you will get any help and advice you need,

Good Luck, Lickey.

Hi All,

I have been happilly scanning the pages for weeks now gaining valuable information. I have got a plot of land about 5 Rai, I have the land built up and looking to start building soon. I'm just seeing if anyone else is living in the area, and looking for anymore top tips.

I plan on building a single storie house with about 3 bedrooms on a 25m square plot, with the house about 16x16metres.

Im also looking at getting a borehole to supply water to the house and also water vegetable areas.

I have a pond dug to use the soil that is about 20 meteres by 8 metres which i plan to put some fish in.

I will also be keeping about 6 cows and 2 pigs on the land in a seperate area.

Just purchased my Toyota Hilux that im picking up this weekend in Pattaya to help me with the task.

Any info will be helpful. I plan to put some pics on and add bits and pieces as i go along the way as the knowledge i have gained from this site is great.

Cheers

Dean

Boing Boing

How far from Buri-Ram are you ??

Tilapia.

Hi . We are in Khon Kaen, my wife is from Chumphae about 75 k up the road.

We just had a bore hole done . It is 40 meters deep and cost 18,000 Baht including the pump and connecting to the tank. The tank was 7,000 and the pump from the tank to the house was 6,000.

When you consider that we had a bore hole in Samui that cost 170,000 Baht, admitedly through rock, you can see that prices up here are a lot lower than rip off Samui and Pataya.

The wifes Som Tam , Here 15 Baht, Samui 30 Baht.

Enjoy living in real Thailand.

Hi,

Thanks so far for the welcomes and advice, every little bit helps.

Lite Beer your Bore hole sounds a right bargain, I have read about some crazy prices on here. I plan on getting the system that will supply the house and then have an irrigation system runninng over the rest of the land.

I have got the land in the Girlfriends name, and not set up anything about the company stuff, i planned that if i had to just take the hit. But i dont think it will ever wind up like that. After all its nothing in comparison to the costs of UK and I prefer the life.

Im looking to develop the land with trees providing fruit etc, and stuff that we can live off. Even have an idea on the back burner to set up some kind of Bushcraft type school in the future.. show people the real Thailand. It just seems some of them have lost lots of there skills and have hit the bottle..... im sure you have all seen it.

Im going to be heading over to Kohn Kaen in the next week or so to seek out some building supplies, i take it they have all the good shops there.

What is the best internet connection to set up if you are in the middle of nowhere? I take it, it will be the Sat dish, but who is the best provider?

On me travels back to Thailand now...

Lite Beer your Bore hole sounds a right bargain

You could have phrased that a bit better. :o

Yes loads of supplies in KK.

Re. internet . I am using a GPRS modem with a One 2 Call package of 100 hours a month at 350 baht a month. It it is bit hit and miss but better than nothing. Some people use the Ipster sat. internet at about 2,000 Baht plus a month. You may be lucky and get a phone line.

Good luck.

Lite Beer your Bore hole sounds a right bargain

You could have phrased that a bit better. :o

Yes loads of supplies in KK.

Re. internet . I am using a GPRS modem with a One 2 Call package of 100 hours a month at 350 baht a month. It it is bit hit and miss but better than nothing. Some people use the Ipster sat. internet at about 2,000 Baht plus a month. You may be lucky and get a phone line.

Good luck.

If you ever want to travel in a different direction( North in your case ) come to the Udon Thani area . Lots of falangs here ,some ( me ) with ideas similar to yours .PM if you want to come .

Cheers for the Offer Mobaan, Im in Pattaya at the mo for the next few days got to sort out some admin then will be heading up North. I may give you a shout when im up there. Would be good to see what other farrangs are getting up to and have a look a bit more around the area.

Best get me self off down town to sort me GPRS card out....

Cheers for all the info again.

Boing Boing