Astra Zeneca vaccination in Thailand - is it recognised in UK?

Larrylah

I don't think the administration within Thailand that's the problem, it's the manufacture of Astrazeneca within Thailand that's yet to be approved by the relevant authorities.

There are donated Astrazeneca vaccines floating around, you can check your certificate for the serial number to see where it's from I think there's ones manufactured from Korea and the Netherlands originally intended for Bhutan and UK donated to Thailand, it's possible that you'could got lucky and had both doses from the donated lots, these vaccines are recognized by the UK

3 hours ago, digbeth said:

I don't think the administration within Thailand that's the problem, it's the manufacture of Astrazeneca within Thailand that's yet to be approved by the relevant authorities.

There are donated Astrazeneca vaccines floating around, you can check your certificate for the serial number to see where it's from I think there's ones manufactured from Korea and the Netherlands originally intended for Bhutan and UK donated to Thailand, it's possible that you'could got lucky and had both doses from the donated lots, these vaccines are recognized by the UK

The vaccination program in Thailand is not approved so irrespective of the type or source of the vaccine it's no good for entry into the UK.

4 hours ago, digbeth said:

Irrespective of what is happening in Thailand. UK ONLY recognizes jabs administered in the UK, US and EU! UK is just raising barriers like Australia to prevent movement across borders. Sky high quarantine costs on return is just an example to accomplish this.

On 9/8/2021 at 11:26 AM, samtam said:

Understood. From what I read this week, they are bringing in "Vaccine Passports" for want of a better description, for events with large numbers of people; the article cites "nightclubs, mass events and large venues"....just to be clear as mud..."by the end of September".

Yes , starts in Scotland 1st October and ironically the same day as the UK panel sit down to discuss  the latest traffic light colour for country by country . What are the odds of Thailand going   AMBER  again ? 

7 hours ago, hioctane said:

Irrespective of what is happening in Thailand. UK ONLY recognizes jabs administered in the UK, US and EU! UK is just raising barriers like Australia to prevent movement across borders. Sky high quarantine costs on return is just an example to accomplish this.

Maybe not totally correct. If you were jabbed in Thailand and work for the British Embassy, British Council, etc, etc, or are a family member of someone who works for them, then I believe that your vaccination in Thailand is acceptable in UK (as you are deemed to be working in London).  Duty of care, you know.  Maybe the Consular Team can confirm ?

On 9/9/2021 at 9:32 AM, Scouse123 said:

Nothing misleading about my statement. I am speaking in easy to understand layman's terms.

Of course there is, but feel free to think that the NHS did not recognise I already had a first jab in Thailand.

Narrow minded is much easier to recognise.

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

Of course there is, but feel free to think that the NHS did not recognise I already had a first jab in Thailand.

Narrow minded is much easier to recognise.

Whether or not they ' accept ' you had a first jab in Thailand does not make them recognize it and they don't.

What part of only jabs administered in the EU, UK and USA are acceptable, don't you understand?

On 9/9/2021 at 6:03 PM, hioctane said:

People need to get their heads round the fact that it has nothing whatsovever to do with the jabs themselves. It is all about what is recognised as acceptable proof of having been double jabbed.

I have an NHS card stamped as having had a second dose but the card doesn't even have my name on it, just my NHS number.

On 9/10/2021 at 1:41 AM, superal said:

Yes , starts in Scotland 1st October and ironically the same day as the UK panel sit down to discuss  the latest traffic light colour for country by country . What are the odds of Thailand going   AMBER  again ?

Next travel review is this week, probably 15th or 16th September.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, treetops said:

Next travel review is this week, probably 15th or 16th September.

You are correct , however I was really trying to say that on the day that the new Scottish vaccine passports come on to use is the same day as the UK government have their travel review , as below , gonna have to watch my grammar,

On 9/8/2021 at 11:26 AM, samtam said:

Understood. From what I read this week, they are bringing in "Vaccine Passports" for want of a better description, for events with large numbers of people; the article cites "nightclubs, mass events and large venues"....just to be clear as mud..."by the end of September".

Yes , starts in Scotland 1st October and ironically the same day as the UK panel sit down to discuss  the latest traffic light colour for country by country . What are the odds of Thailand going   AMBER  agai

On 9/9/2021 at 7:32 PM, digbeth said:

Nothing to do with where made, it's where ADMINISTERED. Pfizer administered in Thailand, and presumably made in USA), is not currently accepted for quarantine-free entry to UK, (and bars you completely, if you're not a British National).

Ergo, AstraZeneca made/manufactured in S Korea, Belgium etc, if administered in Thailand is not currently accepted.

On 9/10/2021 at 7:58 AM, Tony M said:

Maybe not totally correct. If you were jabbed in Thailand and work for the British Embassy, British Council, etc, etc, or are a family member of someone who works for them, then I believe that your vaccination in Thailand is acceptable in UK (as you are deemed to be working in London).  Duty of care, you know.  Maybe the Consular Team can confirm ?

At present UK approved vaccines fall under one of the following programmes:

• the UK vaccination programme, approved by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
  • UK vaccine programme overseas, approved by the MHRA
  • an approved vaccination programme in Europe or the USA – not all are recognised in England

HMG staff and dependants are offered UK approved vaccines. They are not deemed to be working in London but it is a matter of duty of care, as you say. 

29 minutes ago, British Consular Team said:

At present UK approved vaccines fall under one of the following programmes:

• the UK vaccination programme, approved by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
  • UK vaccine programme overseas, approved by the MHRA
  • an approved vaccination programme in Europe or the USA – not all are recognised in England

HMG staff and dependants are offered UK approved vaccines. They are not deemed to be working in London but it is a matter of duty of care, as you say. 

So that's a "yes", then ?

On 9/7/2021 at 1:35 PM, Larrylah said:

My question is: Is the Thai AZ program approved by UK?

Seemingly later in the same website, it seems to assert that two doses of AZ received overseas is accepted by UK:

What counts as fully vaccinated

You may not be considered to be fully vaccinated for the purpose of entering the UK even if you’re considered to be fully vaccinated in your country of origin.

In the UK, ‘fully vaccinated’ means you’ve had either:

• 2 doses of an approved 2 dose vaccine (such as Pfizer or AstraZeneca)
  • one dose of an approved single dose vaccine (such as Janssen)

You must have had your final dose at least 14 whole days before you arrive in England. The day you had your final dose does not count as one of the 14 days.

I am aware that Thailand is considered a 'red zone' currently requiring quarantine for arrivals in UK, but this will not always be the case. 

Can we therefore have some clarity obout whether the Thai Astra Zeneca program approved by UK, and (once Thailand is out of the 'Red Zone') we can freely enter UK showing our fully vaccinated Astra Zeneca Certificate? 

Currently, only a limited number of countries require proof of vaccination to enter. Proof of vaccination is not required to enter the UK. Instead, a combination of testing, self-isolation and quarantine is being used to manage the risk of COVID-19 entering the UK.  

COVID-19 vaccines administered in Thailand are not fully recognised in the UK. The UK government recognises it needs to consider how to treat British Nationals who have been vaccinated overseas. Work is ongoing to determine which non-UK vaccines may be recognised. 

At present, if you have been vaccinated in Thailand and need to demonstrate this, you can register on theMor Phrom” application to get the digital vaccine certificate. Instructions can be found on the PR Thai Government Facebook page. 

• Like 2

On 9/13/2021 at 8:29 AM, British Consular Team said:

Currently, only a limited number of countries require proof of vaccination to enter. Proof of vaccination is not required to enter the UK. Instead, a combination of testing, self-isolation and quarantine is being used to manage the risk of COVID-19 entering the UK.  

COVID-19 vaccines administered in Thailand are not fully recognised in the UK. The UK government recognises it needs to consider how to treat British Nationals who have been vaccinated overseas. Work is ongoing to determine which non-UK vaccines may be recognised. 

At present, if you have been vaccinated in Thailand and need to demonstrate this, you can register on theMor Phrom” application to get the digital vaccine certificate. Instructions can be found on the PR Thai Government Facebook page. 

oh good ,i have one ???? but i doubt i will fly to the UK with all the expense and testing etc . pity i used to go every year ,but time is catching me up