Divorce: How To Make Him Pay?

fredcyber

" All of his assets are in property in Thailand held through a 49%/51% Thai company."

If he is not running any kind of money making legal business then its just to hold property for a foreigner ?

Who owns the other 51 % of that company?

Nominees ? Whaoa but is that not illegal ?

I never set up a company to put our house on because if your ex takes you to court and digs up all the details of this company that has been set up for one reason only "hold land and house for a farang" your going to find yourself in big trouble , The Constitution forbids it , its never been legal as far as I understand it , it was just hard for the law to check and catch people.

Try and get around this one if the ex wife acts as a prosecution witness in a Thai court!

I would not like to be in that guys shoes.

Not choosing sides here as I have no idea of the guys point of view or what really happend , just saying I think he is not in a good position legaly.

Get a GOOD lawyer here :o

Edited by brianinbangkok

Thank you brianinbangkok, yes the other 51% is nominees which is illegal and this is his weakest point. I just have no knowledge of what happens when this sort of thing unravels and I don't want to start this ball rolling without at least a little knowledge. For example if I revealed a similar (uk illegal) matter to a UK lawyer he would feel obliged to report it to the appropriate authorities. I don't know if Thai lawyers have a similar obligation but I want to know what could happen before I start.

Fred , I would not worry too much about a lawyer running to the authorities about an illegal structure in a company set up so a farang can own land.

I doubt a Thai lawyer will feel obliged to report it to the appropriate authorities , as Thai lawyers are the ones who help setup these companies in the first place.

Fred just call a lawyer and get a real answer from them , one you will not find in this forum.