Unlimited 1 year high speed phone internet with existing number?

ElephantEgo

Now my wife is paying 1000+++ THB per month post paid with AIS for her phone data.

This is ridiculous since unlimited 10 mpbs sim packages are on offer from Dtac and perhaps others at 1,300-1800 thb...

Problem is, her phone has only one sim card slot (iPhone X) and we dont really wanna change her number.

QUESTION: what is our best option to keep the same number but have 1 year unlimited high speed internet on her phone at a much lower cost?

Port the number to another network SIM and add the package. Won't be the same cost. Currently around 200 baht per month for unlimited 10 Mbps. 

Obviously the choice is from DTAC, Truemove H and My by CAT.

BUT, it might be possible, that AIS will allow you to move from PostPaid to PrePaid; counting it as a new connection. Therefore allowing you to add an unlimited 10 Mbps package to that for 200 baht per month.

So that would be my first line of enquiry if I was organising the thing.

On a similar note ..I have a 1 year SIM From dtac...about 1200 bhat .only use it for WiFi.not phone....... do you think this could be used the same in the UK...? On the same deal.  ..  as the WiFi is unlimited... For the year...

@Bruno123Thanks for your advice. It sounds like Dtac or True could be best if they allow on an existing number somehow....

Can you find any link to this supposed AIS unlimited 1-year high speed internet at 200 thb/month?

I could not find it, but the adverts are mostly in Thai and I think thats because I thought it said something about SPEED THROTTLING (which wont suffice!).

4 hours ago, JakeR said:

@Bruno123Thanks for your advice. It sounds like Dtac or True could be best if they allow on an existing number somehow....

Can you find any link to this supposed AIS unlimited 1-year high speed internet at 200 thb/month?

I could not find it, but the adverts are mostly in Thai and I think thats because I thought it said something about SPEED THROTTLING (which wont suffice!).

First check if Truemove H or DTAC are any good where you live before you port the number over to one of their SIM.

Get someone you know to run a speed test or buy a 50 baht SIM and check for yourself. 

Do you read what you write? It's not 1 year if it's 200 baht per month. You cannot port the number to a one year package. You have to port it to a normal SIM and then add a monthly package.

AIS will know of the package. It's a promo running until the 15th of this month. Unlimited 4 Mbps 150 baht, unlimited 10 Mbps 200 baht. Auto renews for six months.

So in six months time you can ask them to reapply the package.

DTAC has unlimited 20 Mbps for 299 per month, including any network calls. But again, after six months...

6 hours ago, yeahbutif said:

On a similar note ..I have a 1 year SIM From dtac...about 1200 bhat .only use it for WiFi.not phone....... do you think this could be used the same in the UK...? On the same deal.  ..  as the WiFi is unlimited... For the year...

No.

Your best bet is contact the call centre(not a shop) and find out what they can do for you. Minimum would be to move you on to a Prepaid SIM and to add a 10 Mbps with calls included and WiFi for 200 baht per month(six months recurring).

DTAC and Truemove H offer similar deals to their customers moving from PostPaid to PrePaid and AIS is no exception.

You might even push for twelve months, but the deal might be different and perhaps less attractive. 

So talk to them before the move to see what  package the can apply to the PrePaid SIM

My wife and I have been paying 999 baht each for 3 months of True Move unlimited Internet, so only 333 a month. I think it's a good deal. Never any throttling. I turn on the hotspot and go nuts with YouTube, HD streaming, and vid chats for my online teaching. Good signal and speed even out here in the village.

AIS or Dtac it is, my wife does not want to support CP company that owns TrueMove lol

AIS is max 6 mbps for 1 year unlimited no throttle

Dtac is 10 mbps for the same

Both similar price, so I think it's worthwhile to switch from AIS to Dtac

Not sure about the 6 month options however.... this is all a lot to look into.

Reason my wife was getting ripped, is that she paid for a few days of speed boost. Better pay for a year package and pay 10% of the cost!

58 minutes ago, JakeR said:

AIS or Dtac it is, my wife does not want to support CP company that owns TrueMove lol

Reason my wife was getting ripped, is that she paid for a few days of speed boost. Better pay for a year package and pay 10% of the cost!

AIS is not max 6 Mbps. Have no idea from whence you found that little gem. You are clearly referring to their add-ons to existing PrePaid SIM. You don't have an existing PrePaid SIM.

So you can go for 10 or 15 Mbps.

Have DTAC said that you can port the AIS number to a SIM with a 1 year package? That seems to be something else that you have pulled from the air.

4 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

My wife and I have been paying 999 baht each for 3 months of True Move unlimited Internet, so only 333 a month. I think it's a good deal. Never any throttling. I turn on the hotspot and go nuts with YouTube, HD streaming, and vid chats for my online teaching. Good signal and speed even out here in the village.

It's not a good deal...when you can obtain exactly the same thing for a year for 1890 baht. But of course you will have a different number. But if you have a Dual SIM mobile, it's then not an issue.

1 hour ago, JakeR said:

If you have spoken to DTAC and they have told you that you can port your AIS number directly to their SIM KONGKAPAN package, then you need to obtain a normal DTAC SIM and to run a speed test at your location. You will only complain if you check this after you have ported the number and then realise that you cannot obtain the advertised speeds.

If, after checking, you can obtain substantially more than 10 Mbps, then you can port the number to DTAC(if they state that you can port to their One Year promo)  and then uprate the speed to 20 Mbps at a cost of 10 baht extra per month(120 baht lump sum).

If they cannot port you to a One Year package, you will have to choose a Monthly PrePaid option.

AIS will likely accede to your request to match whatever DTAC and TrueMove H are offering; knowing that otherwise you will simply port your number to obtain said package.

So stop wasting time. CALL the AIS Call centre and TELL them what you want and then ask then if they can do it or not.

I would say that likely they can offer at the very least; 10 Mbps unlimited for 250 baht per month. Push for 200. But if they throw in unlimited free any network calls for 250 per month, that's not bad.

Don't expect any one year deals from them beyond the 6 Mbps add on for 3500 baht per annum. 

The reason why I tell you to stop wasting time, is that the AIS promo will end in less than a week. Promo uprates 2 Mbps to 4 mbps, 4 Mbps to 10 Mbps and 10 Mbps to 15 Mbps.

So if you want to stick with AIS; only moving from PostPaid to PrePaid, get your skates on.

4 Mbps 150 baht, 10 Mbps 200 baht, 15 Mbps 300 baht. You get 'free' COVID insurance if you want it: https://www.ais.th/postpaid/covidinsurance/ Ignore the PostPaid reference.

Alternatively, check with DTAC with regard to the question of porting to their One Year 10 Mbps/20 Mbps pack for between 1600/1720 baht and 1890/2010 baht for the year. Another 500 baht per annum if you want unlimited any network calls.

I don't post USSD codes; AIS call centre will have them.

1 hour ago, Bruno123 said:

It's not a good deal...when you can obtain exactly the same thing for a year for 1890 baht. But of course you will have a different number. But if you have a Dual SIM mobile, it's then not an issue.

Is that with True Move? Looking at the packages now.

I can get 1 year for 1800 baht, but it's only 1mbps.

If I want a year of 2mbps, then it's 2600 baht.

For 999 baht for 3 months, I'm getting 4mbps.

Perhaps you're talking about some special SIM, like those on Lazada and Shopee, to get a special price. Heard nothing but bad things about them. Despite everything they claim, numerous reports of throttling after a certain period. I've never had that just buying my packages direct.

Heh, regarding boycotting CP, you should take a look at the "How to avoid CP?" thread. 7-11, True, Makro, and now Lotus I'm afraid. Even if you shop only at mom and pops, and buy dinner in the markets, there's a good chance it came from Makro. Then much of the agriculture goes through CPF. To truly avoid CP, someone commented, one would have to avoid Thailand.

31 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Perhaps you're talking about some special SIM, like those on Lazada and Shopee, to get a special price. Heard nothing but bad things about them. Despite everything they claim, numerous reports of throttling after a certain period. I've never had that just buying my packages direct.

Heh, regarding boycotting CP, you should take a look at the "How to avoid CP?" thread. 7-11, True, Makro, and now Lotus I'm afraid. Even if you shop only at mom and pops, and buy dinner in the markets, there's a good chance it came from Makro. Then much of the agriculture goes through CPF. To truly avoid CP, someone commented, one would have to avoid Thailand.

If you think that you know better; then best you follow your own advice.

Otherwise, like the others, don't buy the throttled version and then complain about it afterwards. Since you already have a Truemove H SIM, you know what speeds to expect.

Show me even a single post that complains about the unlimited 10 Mbps versions sold by independent distributors.

They either bought without checking they could receive 10 Mbps at their location or simply did not buy an unlimited SIM.

I'm waiting..... ????

Use your intelligence; Truemove H will confirm the package when you go to register....or do you think the Truemove H staff are colluding in the 'scam' with Lazada/Shopee?

Conspiracy theorists everywhere..... living their lives on intangible hearsay.

Everyone whom I know who has properly purchased one of the annual SIM; from AIS, DTAC or Truemove H will happily buy another. Those are people whom I know; not some nonsensical hearsay from people who did not do the simplest of due diligence.

But if you are adamant; https://store.truecorp.co.th/online-store/item/L91754719 Pay double if it makes you feel better.

or activate a new SIM at a TrueMove H shop and apply the code for unlimited 10 Mbps @ 200 baht per month. Promo runs until the end of the month and auto renews for six months. All direct and therefore no reason for you to feel unduly nervous.

The people who don't live their lives on hearsay know that the networks have to offer independent distributors better deals than they sell themselves....so might choose to take the 12 month offer at 1,890 baht. https://www.lazada.co.th/products/true-10mbps-unlimited-1-i311266964.html

16 minutes ago, yeahbutif said:

I got this one see photo.. From Lazada for 1200 bhat.. 

16311708462888333960389600290064.jpg

Old SIM, as the new SIM are marked at 1890 and therefore are now sold at around the 1350 mark.

But wait....since CWS has 'heard' something about these clearly marked SIMs, they must be bad. Throw it away and buy direct! ????

If yours is coming up for renewal; this month is a good time to renew(buy a new SIM) as you can uprate to 20 Mbps for just the equivalent of 10 baht per month. This is of course if you can obtain those speeds with DTAC at your location.

1 hour ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

4 Mbps?? 55555555555555

Seriously, you are getting ripped; simply because of your own inertia.

If you have a dual SIM phone or don't care about your current number; buy the annual SIM once your current package runs out. Even if you buy a SIM independently, Truemove H are responsible for it's performance; not the distributor. 

So if you are happy with Truemove H performance; the annual SIM should be no different.

Just over 150 baht per month for unlimited 10 Mbps and free within network calls; as opposed to your 333 baht for 4 Mbps. What are you thinking?! 

Edited by Bruno123

@Bruno123 thanks for your advice and expertise on this all.

I just got a big issue with my plan! The problem is that my wife uses cellular service on her iWatch as well! This is an add-on for ONLY AVAILABLE TO POST PAID (according to what I was told by Dtac and AIS)!

AIS looked at her account and recommended a package of 90 gigs per month for 8XX THB/month. It is half what she was paying (60 gigs + all the top ups) but still much more expensive than the 300/month pre-paid annual plans which cannot work with iWatch.

So what do I do? Suck it up and shell out 8XX per month??? No option to get a good pre-paid package with iWatch!? <deleted>!?

1 hour ago, JakeR said:

@Bruno123 thanks for your advice and expertise on this all.

I just got a big issue with my plan! The problem is that my wife uses cellular service on her iWatch as well! This is an add-on for ONLY AVAILABLE TO POST PAID (according to what I was told by Dtac and AIS)!

AIS looked at her account and recommended a package of 90 gigs per month for 8XX THB/month. It is half what she was paying (60 gigs + all the top ups) but still much more expensive than the 300/month pre-paid annual plans which cannot work with iWatch.

So what do I do? Suck it up and shell out 8XX per month??? No option to get a good pre-paid package with iWatch!? <deleted>!?

Can they not pair it with a PostPaid Fixxy plan? Unlimited 10 Mbps for 349 baht plus perhaps Numbershare needed for another 199 baht. I have no idea about anything to do with the iWatch.

On 9/8/2021 at 10:31 AM, JakeR said:

Now my wife is paying 1000+++ THB per month post paid with AIS for her phone data.

Have her call AIS, she should mention she is interested in changing to pre-paid. CSR will immediately begin making offers. I'd be shocked if you couldn't reduce your total costs to 350 - 450 for the same package.

This works with AIS Fibre as well. ????

I'm shocked how quickly and how much they cave here, but the want to hang on to customers desperately.

13 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Have her call AIS, she should mention she is interested in changing to pre-paid. CSR will immediately begin making offers. I'd be shocked if you couldn't reduce your total costs to 350 - 450 for the same package.

This works with AIS Fibre as well. ????

I'm shocked how quickly and how much they cave here, but the want to hang on to customers desperately.

Follow the thread....they already did that and were offered a not very good for them, but good for AIS PostPaid package.

Have suggested something more suitable, starting from 300 baht.