Old £ notes 20£

Only Bank of England or one of their regional branches in the UK I am afraid. I have several old £50 notes that the  currency exchanges here refused to take. New £50's out now. I will probably have to do the same on my return to the UK.

The only other option might be to post them to someone you trust in the UK and see if they can pay them into an auto deposit machine into their bank account.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Whale said:

Time as run out I think on them, only place I know is,  after banks in UK stopped changing them, that they had to be sent to BoE in London.

The old £20 and £50 notes are still legal tender in the UK until the 30th of September 2022.

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/banknotes/20-pound-note

• Like 2

14 hours ago, phetphet said:

Only Bank of England or one of their regional branches in the UK I am afraid. I have several old £50 notes that the  currency exchanges here refused to take. New £50's out now. I will probably have to do the same on my return to the UK.

The only other option might be to post them to someone you trust in the UK and see if they can pay them into an auto deposit machine into their bank account.

Bank of England notes are always valid however after September you must pay into a bank in England with which you hold a bank account or take to the Bank of England who will change a reasonable quantity otherwise you will have to justify how they came into your posseion. It is up to banks in Thailand to decide whether or not they are willing to exchange them same as any other currency

16 hours ago, Whale said:

Time as run out I think on them, only place I know is,  after banks in UK stopped changing them, that they had to be sent to BoE in London.

Yep I've got 300 quid found from my deceased Aunt's stuff but I can't change them.Maybe if I took them to the Bof E. but that's it.My bank in OZ can't do anything.

On 9/9/2021 at 10:24 AM, Whale said:

i've always been able to pay expired notes into my uk account, no problems. i've often taken thai friend's old notes back home to exchange.

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/banknotes/exchanging-old-banknotes