Social Media Monks Asked to Limit Humor

snoop1130

8 hours ago, meechai said:

How do you know you live in a Junta controlled dictatorship?

When they start telling monks how much humor they can have

All of which, will be largely ignored. 

I do hope that you [et al] realize that this make believe House Committee are just going through the motions, because it what they do. 

11 minutes ago, khaowong1 said:

Most Thai monks have no idea who the Dali Lama is.  

Most? As in the stereotypical painting with a broad brush and the ever popular give it a guess practice? 

That must've been quite the taxing effort to conduct such a thorough survey and interaction of all monks. 

Edited by zzaa09

10 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Most? As in the stereotypical painting with a broad brush and the ever popular give it a guess practice? 

That must've been quite the taxing effort to conduct such a thorough survey and interaction of all monks. 

zzaa, I was a monk in Thailand for 7 years.  Not one Thai monk I ever met knew who the Dali Lama was.  Some I met from Sri Lanka and India, yes, Thai, no. 

10 hours ago, khaowong1 said:

Thanks, I passed this on to some Thai monk friends.  I don't speak Thai, they will tell me what's being said. 

They sure have the current popularity on a number of Thai news/public affairs/chat programing of the last week...

13 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

They sure have the current popularity on a number of Thai news/public affairs/chat programing of the last week...

I spoke to several Thai friends including some long time monks.  The Thai civilians didn't think it was funny or right for these 2 monks to be talking and laughing like they were.  The Thai monks I talked to thought it was funny, didn't think it was that bad, but thought they were a little silly for putting it on YouTube for everyone to see.