Requirements to go to Koh Chang

Kenny202

Organizing to go to Koh Chang soon and obviously things could change but wondering if anyone lives or travels to Koh Chang can tell us current requirements. Getting mixed responses from Hotel and Ferry. We are from Khon Kaen (red zone?) I have had one Astra so apparently I am ok to go anywhere but Mrs still waiting for her Sino or whatever she is going to get. The ferry is saying she needs to have a test 72 hours before from the hospital, so I am not sure if that means a swab test from a clinic etc or they want the full certificate test. Then someone told her something different again. The hotel told her they needed similar requirements then she rang again and they said no requirements from a red zone as long as we get through Trat checkpoints lol. No wonder these places are suffering from a lack of tourists.

Any help appreciated

Not entirely answering your question, but our experience travelling from BKK a few days ago was one police checkpoint in, I think, Chantaburi, where they asked where we were going & what jabs we'd had (one AZ each); they didn't ask to see any evidence of vax status. Hotel asked to see MorPhrom thing. No questions on the ferry. All v relaxed. Like you, we got v mixed info from phone calls/online searches prior to travel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi, living on Koh Chang, My missus a health volunteer, just told me ''you have to show hotel 'everything' " To clarify show covid test, within the last 72hrs or double vaxed. As far as i know you can still board a ferry and take your chance on a hotel. Bottom line please have a test and keep Covid off the Island as much as is possible. There are positive cases here already we don't need more. Yesterday I went to D-Save and it is all shuttered until the 1st, I'm not sure why but i believe a customer has become infected. GET your test PLEASE & come and enjoy Paradise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/12/2021 at 12:30 PM, Isaan sailor said:

Depends on which side of KC you with to travel to.  No problems on western side.  More stringent on southeast side.

That may be true, but think of the Islands population and take the covid test, encouraging people to come without is well, Irresponsible.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Since done a bit more research. Ferry at first said single Astra or double Sino vax, or a test certificate in the last 72 hours. Today both the hotel and ferry said no requirements. Officially there is nothing required when travelling from a red zone to a red zone. Both our home location and Trat are red zones

13 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Hi, living on Koh Chang, My missus a health volunteer, just told me ''you have to show hotel 'everything' " To clarify show covid test, within the last 72hrs or double vaxed. As far as i know you can still board a ferry and take your chance on a hotel. Bottom line please have a test and keep Covid off the Island as much as is possible. There are positive cases here already we don't need more. Yesterday I went to D-Save and it is all shuttered until the 1st, I'm not sure why but i believe a customer has become infected. GET your test PLEASE & come and enjoy Paradise.

i WISH I COULD COME AND ENJOY. BUT I NO LONGER THINK KC IS PARADISE. STAYING OPTIMISTIC HOWEVER! MY REGARDS TO ALL LONG STAYERS, i MEAN THOSE THAT HAVE BEEN ON THE ISLAND SINCE BEFORE 2006

BARKC0006cropped.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/14/2021 at 10:00 PM, fgmr said:

i WISH I COULD COME AND ENJOY. BUT I NO LONGER THINK KC IS PARADISE. STAYING OPTIMISTIC HOWEVER! MY REGARDS TO ALL LONG STAYERS, i MEAN THOSE THAT HAVE BEEN ON THE ISLAND SINCE BEFORE 2006

BARKC0006cropped.jpg

Yep, I agree. Been hanging on KC for years and it used to be wonderful.....

Now parts of it it look like a war zone in third world country.

1 hour ago, HeijoshinCool said:

As of a few days ago no more checkpoint at the big mushroom.....

That is subject to change in the blink of an eye, of course.

Should add we are/will be double vaxxed. My 2nd 8 days before planned date of visit (AZ). My wife 2 Sinovac 2nd a month ago.

3 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Should add we are/will be double vaxxed. My 2nd 8 days before planned date of visit (AZ). My wife 2 Sinovac 2nd a month ago.

No checkpoint in any case, but if they come back, my friend's Thai wife was vaxxed, he was not, and they waved both through a couple of weeks ago.

• Thanks 1

On 9/14/2021 at 8:53 AM, Whale said:

Brian, need test if double vaxed? I note you said "or" in your post above.

No need for test if double vaxed, but you might have to show vax certificate, I think it has become a lot more relaxed now as vaccines have been rolling out at a fast pace on Koh Chang. I've had 2 Pfizer and mrs b has had her 3rd. 

• 3 weeks later...

Arrived in Koh Chang yesterday, was asked to show my vaccine certificate before entering the Ferry terminal (only had it on my phone & this wasn’t scrutinised, could have been anybody’s - GF used the Mor Prom app).

Was also asked for it at hotel check in where it was checked against my name/passport. 

No idea what would have happened if I didn’t have something / wasn’t vaccinated.

Edited by Mike Teavee

• 2 weeks later...