Where can a foreigner on a tourist visa get vaccinated outside of Bangkok?

wanderingengine

My girlfriend and I just finished SHA quarantine in Bangkok. We did SHA instead of the Sandbox because she is not vaccinated (limited supply in her home country).

I see lots of posts about foreigners getting vaccinated while here in Thailand. We would like to get to an island with a decent beach, and she would like to get vaccinated as well.

The complication is that some places want you to have been living there for three months before being considered for a jab (https://aseannow.com/topic/1229883-walk-in-vaccinations-for-thais-only-foreigners-can-now-register-for-pfizer/ - see the post by "sbf"). Other posts seem to reference "foreign residents".

Does anyone know which places are more open with vaccinations for foreigners?

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I was never asked for any proof of residence when I got my jabs.

If you can find an application still open or better still a walk-in service, give it a try.

I am though curious to know where your g/f came from that she didn’t have vaccines available to she before she arrived here?

Can you tell me/us how and where you got yours?

There is no one size fits all vaccination scheme here. It's very much a hodge-podge. You need to focus on a vaccination strategy (which vaccines), and then a specific location.

I think you can forget about Pfizer, all that's been administered (with some 2nd doses remaining). So that leaves the current plan with Sinovac followed by AZ 4 weeks later. (Note that IF you can get AZ 2x the wait time between doses is 12 weeks.)

Assuming that is acceptable start looking in a specific geographic location: local government health offices, local hospitals, public and private, and of course, ask others in that area.

How long are you staying in Thailand?

How old is the GF?

What type of visa/entry does she have?

On 9/12/2021 at 1:18 AM, mtls2005 said:

There is no one size fits all vaccination scheme here. It's very much a hodge-podge. You need to focus on a vaccination strategy (which vaccines), and then a specific location.

I think you can forget about Pfizer, all that's been administered (with some 2nd doses remaining). So that leaves the current plan with Sinovac followed by AZ 4 weeks later. (Note that IF you can get AZ 2x the wait time between doses is 12 weeks.)

Assuming that is acceptable start looking in a specific geographic location: local government health offices, local hospitals, public and private, and of course, ask others in that area.

How long are you staying in Thailand?

How old is the GF?

What type of visa/entry does she have?

She is on a tourist visa and is in her early 20s. How long will be be here? it depends....

I have not seen anywhere that non Thai tourists are being vaccinated…

it has taken up to now that foreign nationals living here are being vaccinated within the last month…

with thailand struggling to get its own people vaccinated, one will be hard pressed to see tourists getting shots before residents hello isaan 

Must applications to regester for a jab require you to download a picture of your passport and the visa. So I'm not sure if a entry stamp will do. But if you on a visa ie 60 days then I cant see a problem. When I had my jab they looked at the passport but only to confirm my name. It's worth a try applying got nothing to lose. I used expatvac app