Sandbox area and visas.

geisha

Hi, I am thinking of coming to Phuket around Christmas time, or bit before. I lived 5 months a year there for 20 years, but it’s changed a lot I know. I would like to know if I can come in with a 60 days visa ( from France) and extend , on the Sandbox program , as I’d like to spend about 3 months  ? I know all the requirements COE, SHA etc.

Secondly,  I used to stay in Kata beach, where all my friends are.  Are there good shopping possibilities here these days ?I used to have to go to Phuket town and Central , or Chalong. I don’t drive in Thailand, tho I suppose I could rent  a car.

Also, I’ve been hearing that Rawai has really changed for the good. Shopping, lots of good restaurants, but the beach or lack of it ?  I would rent a nice condo with pool but I do like a nice beach too to walk , relax, swim . 
 Any info  appreciated . 

Ps, this is all assuming the situation is ok . 

I was in Rawai in the midst of the pandemic. It was my first trip so I can't compare it to prior times but it did seem there was a lot of recent development and it was very popular with expats. More affordable and peaceful than Phuket. However it is basically a one horse town with just a single road that has any significant commerce. For me one negative is that there were way too many long tail boats in the water which was an eyesore in my opinion. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wasabi said:

I was in Rawai in the midst of the pandemic. It was my first trip so I can't compare it to prior times but it did seem there was a lot of recent development and it was very popular with expats. More affordable and peaceful than Phuket. However it is basically a one horse town with just a single road that has any significant commerce. For me one negative is that there were way too many long tail boats in the water which was an eyesore in my opinion. 

So you didn't see Sai Yuan?