Printer Repair/Maintenance Hang Dong Area?

Stubby

Good morning, Chiang Mai.

I have an Epsom Inkjet Printer that I've hardly ever used. I just noticed that you must print out a couple of things to take to get vaccinated for COVID19. Unfortunately, the ink in my printer has dried up, and the head probably needs a good clean, too. I know Pantip Plaza has (or used to have) places for printer repair/maintenance. But if someone knows where I can get this fixed locally, in Hang Dong, that would be great. If not, I'll have to make the trip into town, but I thought I'd ask first.

Thank you in advance,

Stubby

Don't let it delay Covid shot - not sure anything really is required other than passport but if you are sure suspect any copy shop or even place you get shot would be able to provide for no or small cost.  Here in Bangkok, although several downloads were available none were asked by hospital.  

As said clean process with new ink may work - as most printers below photo grade are throw away priced these days may not be many doing repairs.

5 minutes ago, yeahbutif said:

Most printer have mantainence buttons .would buy new ink and clean via program buttons

Good point. I've noticed a ink flush function that might clean the head, but I still need the ink, so if I can source that locally, it will still save me a trip to the other side of town ????

1 minute ago, lopburi3 said:

Don't let it delay Covid shot - not sure anything really is required other than passport but if you are sure suspect any copy shop or even place you get shot would be able to provide for no or small cost.  Here in Bangkok, although several downloads were available none were asked by hospital.  

As said clean process with new ink may work - as most printers below photo grade are throw away priced these days may not be many doing repairs.

I was reading the local forum, Lopburi3, where is says:

Print out your Wall of Chiang Mai registration details and bring this document with you.

And...

All guidelines at the vaccinations will be strictly enforced, and customers eligible for vaccination must comply with the above criteria. Individuals who do not comply will be turned away and asked to wait for a later date.

They're simple requests, but I'd hate to be turned away just because I didn't have a printout of the above. 

Stubby

8 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Print out your Wall of Chiang Mai registration details and bring this document with you.

And...

All guidelines at the vaccinations will be strictly enforced, and customers eligible for vaccination must comply with the above criteria. Individuals who do not comply will be turned away and asked to wait for a later date.

They're simple requests, but I'd hate to be turned away just because I didn't have a printout of the above. 

Stubby

Understand and agree best to have - but I would go even without if you can not obtain the print out.  Expect many can not and warning more that you need to be the appointment list before you come.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Understand and agree best to have - but I would go even without if you can not obtain the print out.  Expect many can not and warning more that you need to be the appointment list before you come.   

Thanks, Lopburi3. It's a small challenge, and I'll get it sorted somehow. I just prefer not to go galavanting around downtown at the moment, unless it's necessary ???? I'll miss this one but will make sure I'm better organized for the next opening, which seem to be quite regular now.

Stubby

I have a Canon printer with ink tanks and was having the same problem. I've resolved it now by simply printing a test sheet once a week. I had to go through the head cleaning routine the first around, but now it is very reliable.

I set a reminder in my diary to make sure I do the printout.

That seems to be the flaw of inkjet printers here if not used frequently....I had an HP that was impossible to keep up with to keep it serviceable.....

I finally got a tank style Epson printer and it has given us 5 years of good service.....

There is a place on the 108, 300-500 meters south of the HD market on the southbound side.... It's next to a building that has large cartoon characters (Minnie Mouse?) made of cement outside....Park near there & the building has 2 businesses & facing it, the place is the right side...

They replaced a power board for us at minimal cost.... I'm not sure of their English capabilities.....

There is no large signage on the building.....

13 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I have a Canon printer with ink tanks and was having the same problem. I've resolved it now by simply printing a test sheet once a week. I had to go through the head cleaning routine the first around, but now it is very reliable.

I set a reminder in my diary to make sure I do the printout.

Haha, lol ???? I did exactly the same thing when I first brought the printer. The problem was, I'd close the reminder and tell myself I'll print out a page or two when I get a moment... then I'd forget until the next alarm. And so it continued. It's probably an age thing. Heck, I went out a while back and had to come home because I forgot where I was going ????

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

That seems to be the flaw of inkjet printers here if not used frequently....I had an HP that was impossible to keep up with to keep it serviceable.....

I finally got a tank style Epson printer and it has given us 5 years of good service.....

There is a place on the 108, 300-500 meters south of the HD market on the southbound side.... It's next to a building that has large cartoon characters (Minnie Mouse?) made of cement outside....Park near there & the building has 2 businesses & facing it, the place is the right side...

They replaced a power board for us at minimal cost.... I'm not sure of their English capabilities.....

There is no large signage on the building.....

Thank you, PGrahmm, I'll check them out ????

1 minute ago, sammieuk1 said:

Computer plaza near Samsung repairs/service is still up and running took mine there two weeks ago new heads 1900bt ????

I know where that is, Sammieuk1. I'm hoping the head can be cleaned. It's had minimal use, so it won't be worn out. 1,900 THB seems expensive, but I guess it depends on the make and model. I think my printer only cost 4000 THB, give or take 500B.

16 minutes ago, GregTN said:

If you end up buying a new printer you might want to consider a laser printer instead.  I gave up on the ink jets and purchased a Brother all in one black and white three years ago for around 3000 baht and it has been flawless.

Thanks, GregTN. The thing is, I rarely have any use for a printer, which is why I have this problem. But they can be useful at times. So, I'll make sure I print a test page or two once a week if I get this one sorted... if I remember ???? 

4 hours ago, Stubby said:

Thanks, GregTN. The thing is, I rarely have any use for a printer, which is why I have this problem. But they can be useful at times. So, I'll make sure I print a test page or two once a week if I get this one sorted... if I remember ???? 

Which is exactly why you need a laser printer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bill97 said:

Put it on a thumb drive and take it to one of the copy shops you pass regularly.  No printer needed, 2 B per copy.

Thanks, it's an option, Bill. But like MrJ2U says, it's useful to have a printer at home, as I've just realized ???? 

46 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Always useful to have a printer at home. Authorized Epson repair service below.

Thanks, MrJ2U. It's a fair way from where I am, so I'll check out the local shop that PGrahmm suggests first. Appreciate your response, though ????

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Stubby said:

And...

Stubby

Just go with your passport and write down your WOC 13 number code. That will probably do, worst case they will say no but I doubt it. I did exactly that 2 weeks ago.

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

Just go with your passport and write down your WOC 13 number code. That will probably do, worst case they will say no but I doubt it. I did exactly that 2 weeks ago.

Thank you, Thailand. You must have been here a while to secure a handle like that ;)