Tourist Visa (60 days) Insurance vs COE COVID-19 Insurance

Hello people, I am preparing for my documents to enter Thailand now and I am rather confused by the insurance requirements by the authority.

1. To apply for the Tourist Visa - The Thai embassy website says that I have to buy a health insurance (Outpatient treatment of no less than 40,000 baht and inpatient treatment of no less than 400,000 baht).

2. To apply for the COE - The Thai embassy website says that I have to buy a COVID-19 insurance (minimum 100,000 USD coverage).

Now the confusing part is, are they the same insurance policy or do I buy 2 insurance policies for different types of coverage? Can I just buy the COVID-19 insurance and use this to apply for the Tourist visa? I would appreciate any help on this. thanks so much!

1. Now sure which embassy website you are looking at since the 40/400k baht insurance is not required for a single entry tourist visa. Perhaps you were looking at the requirements for a STV (special tourist visa) that can only be applied for up to the 30th of this month.

2. That is correct if applying for a single entry tourist visa,

If applying for a STV it would be 2 separate insurance policies.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

1. Now sure which embassy website you are looking at since the 40/400k baht insurance is not required for a single entry tourist visa. Perhaps you were looking at the requirements for a STV (special tourist visa) that cancan only be applied for up to the 30th of this month.

2. That is correct if applying for a single entry tourist visa,

If applying for a STV it would be 2 separate insurance policies.

Thank you so much! Yes, you are right about the 40/400k baht insurance not required for SETV. I went to the Thai embassy Singapore website to check again and it only requires the COVID-19 insurance. My bad my bad.

Can I just ask one more thing about the evidence of accommodation booking? It says that I have to show proof of accommodation after completing quarantine and for the entire duration of my stay in Thailand. But I intend to travel around the country and will not have a fixed accommodation. Do you know how I can get around this requirement? 

Thanks so much!

1 hour ago, HeijoshinCool said:

.What types of visas is it required for?

Non-OA, Non-OX and a Non-O visa (covid rule) based upon retirement.

A STV visa required it but unless extended beyond September 30th you would not be able to apply for it.

• Like 1