travel to UK, without vaccination

Hi there, hope this is in the right place

I'm looking to go back to the UK for a couple of months, but want to avoid the expensive quarantine in the UK

I believe i have to have 10 days between leaving Thailand, and entering the UK

Is there any country that would allow some one to enter from Thailand without having had both vaccines

I want to get the jabs while I'm in the UK rather than  getting Sinovac or mixed while here in Thailand , which is not accepted in the UK, 

Somewhere warm and cheap would be good

Any ideas ?

Thanks 

I am thinking the same going to spain or Portugal first. Then on to the uk 10 days later I have had both the Pfizer jabs here in Thailand but read that any vaccine administered in Thailand is not recognized in Europe even if it was imported to Thailand. I think spain or Portugal is the best to aim for it says just a covid test to entry but that coukd change they also could go red and then stuck the same 

1 hour ago, malthebluff said:

I am thinking the same going to spain or Portugal first. Then on to the uk 10 days later I have had both the Pfizer jabs here in Thailand but read that any vaccine administered in Thailand is not recognized in Europe even if it was imported to Thailand. I think spain or Portugal is the best to aim for it says just a covid test to entry but that coukd change they also could go red and then stuck the same 

What are UK approved vaccine imported in Thailand not recognized in UK? I am curious as to the logic.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, bigyin said:

Yes no vaccination administered in Thailand is acceptable to the UK government.

Just checked site that says 2 doses of the same vaccine, Pfizer, Moderna, Astra Zeneca or Janssen are acceptable, but not mixed vaccines

But trying to find out if the vaccines in Thailand have been approved by the European Medicines Agency

Can travel to the Canary Islands with only one dose of vaccine, most other countries want 2 doses, plus testing 

8 hours ago, wobblyjohn said:

I believe Thailand is on the red list so you would have to quarantine in a hotel which is expensive 

yup, about 100,000 baht

which is why i want to stop over somewhere like Canaries, Spain, etc, for 10 days holiday first. This bypasses the need for uk quarantine 

12 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Get Pfeizer while you're here.  

Hopefully get a booster when you're in the UK.

Where are you located?

Some posters might be able to point you in the right direction.

I'm in Nakhon Phanom , Isaan

But don't want mixed vacs 

Have been offered Sinovac a few times, but would rather wait for Pfizer or Moderna 

Thanks 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Portugal entry details and exceptions

Travelers from closed areas may enter or transit through Portugal only if they have an "essential" reason such as professional, study, family reunification, health, or humanitarian reasons.

This could cause a problem.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Portugal entry details and exceptions

Travelers from closed areas may enter or transit through Portugal only if they have an "essential" reason such as professional, study, family reunification, health, or humanitarian reasons.

This could cause a problem.

Those things are more or less for the whole E.U27 ....

the misunderstanding is not to realize the present  U.K. being a third country for E.U. entry rules , considered to be same as any other third country , so just to follow the tourist system with his rules , different then before . And on top of this all to do sometimes individual Covid19 restriction rules ....????

Not anymore as before being a member country 

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, EricTh said:

What are UK approved vaccine imported in Thailand not recognized in UK? I am curious as to the logic.

That's what I have read. I'm still trying to find out if true. But it's looking like if the vacs are administered anywhere but Europe then you still got to quarantine if country is red listed or isolate if coming from a green or amber

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bigyin said:

Yes it is true. Vaccines administered in Thailand are not approved in the UK so a returning UK resident would have to hotel quarantine and of course a Thai national would not be admitted.

Does that apply to American citizens who took Pfizer in Thailand?

3 hours ago, bigyin said:

Yes it is true. Vaccines administered in Thailand are not approved in the UK so a returning UK resident would have to hotel quarantine and of course a Thai national would not be admitted.

but this only applies if you fly direct to UK ?

if you do a 10 day stopover in an acceptable country, then there is no need to quarantine ?

And some  other countries accept the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines , some with double dose, some with single dose ?

6 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

but this only applies if you fly direct to UK ?

if you do a 10 day stopover in an acceptable country, then there is no need to quarantine ?

And some  other countries accept the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines , some with double dose, some with single dose ?

Yes, of course, you can do it that way. I was talking about coming to the UK direct with 2 doses from Thailand.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, EricTh said:

Does that apply to American citizens who took Pfizer in Thailand?

If you mean you would want to come direct to the UK from Thailand then you would not be allowed in. Only UK nationals can enter the UK from a red list country. 

• Like 1

On 9/14/2021 at 9:36 AM, MrJ2U said:

If you can drive Udon Thani is offering Pfeizer

Khon kaen  Bangkok Hospital also.

I got mine yesterday.

Despite the 4 hour drive its worth it.

Stayed two nights at the Avani and made it a mini holiday.  

I don't agree with the mix and match strategy also.

My wife won't touch Sinovac.

Thanks  Mr J2U Much appreciated 

got to go to Udon next week 

Is there somewhere i can walk in, or do i have to book ahead 

What would i need to take, Passport?

And is it free , or if not, what cost ?

will they allow me to have the injection even if from another province ?

Thanks again 

5 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

Thanks  Mr J2U Much appreciated 

got to go to Udon next week 

Is there somewhere i can walk in, or do i have to book ahead 

What would i need to take, Passport?

And is it free , or if not, what cost ?

will they allow me to have the injection even if from another province ?

Thanks again 

Call Udon Thani Bangkok and Khon Kaen Bangkok Hospitals.  They have helpful English speaking operators.

The health department in Udon Thani would know more about the other public sites like walk -ins.  You will need to call them.

You will need your passport.

The ones offered by the hospitals were free.

They may also be offering free Sinopharm if you're loved one needs a vaccine and is wary of Sinovac.

It was a relief to finally get a vaccination.

Good luck.

If you stay in Udon Thani the Pannarai hotel has a 999 special includes breakfast.  Nice pool.

Walk to UD town or Central both just a short walk.

Let me know how it goes.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, flynn said:

Would also like to travel to the uk but would like to find out which countries I could stop in for 10 days before I reach the uk to avoid any type of quarantine, British citizen, double jabbed with Pfizer, thanks, 

Have a look at this site , it shows the requirements for each Country to visit , its very difficult to find a Country , but let me know if you find somewhere 

On 9/14/2021 at 1:33 PM, malthebluff said:
On 9/13/2021 at 10:48 PM, EricTh said:

That's what I have read. I'm still trying to find out if true. But it's looking like if the vacs are administered anywhere but Europe then you still got to quarantine if country is red listed or isolate if coming from a green or amber

I have no idea what the logic is, and I'm not aware of any country other than the UK that doesn't recognize vaccinations using approved vaccines just because they were administered in the "wrong"  country. It's quite peculiar to me.

That being said, it's definitely true:

"You must have been fully vaccinated under one of the following programmes:

• UK vaccination programme, approved by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)
  • UK vaccine programme overseas, approved by the MHRA
  • an approved vaccination programme in Europe or the USA – not all are recognised in England"

"Quarantine and testing if you've been in an amber list country - GOV.UK" https://www.gov.uk/guidance/how-to-quarantine-when-you-arrive-in-england

On 9/14/2021 at 9:45 AM, david555 said:

Those things are more or less for the whole E.U27 ....

the misunderstanding is not to realize the present  U.K. being a third country for E.U. entry rules , considered to be same as any other third country , so just to follow the tourist system with his rules , different then before . And on top of this all to do sometimes individual Covid19 restriction rules ....????

Not anymore as before being a member country 

An important update .... just now ...

The Netherlands remove quarantine for vaccinated travelers from red zone country's like Thailand 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, flynn said:

Would also like to travel to the uk but would like to find out which countries I could stop in for 10 days before I reach the uk to avoid any type of quarantine, British citizen, double jabbed with Pfizer, thanks, 

seems to be a few countries in Europe that will allow you if double jabbed , Spain, Canaries, ?

UK Govt announcements tomoz (Thursday) things may well change;

Talk of Traffic light system going and just having Red No Go/Go countries... talk also of double Vacc UK nationals just doing home Q, doing away with PCR tests and just Antigen tests...?

They already today have siad the third booster will be either Pfizer or Modena to Medically at risk/elderly from 4mths after last Vac