US Embassy issues alert over lockdown measures in Siem Reap

geovalin

In order to prevent the spread of COVID-19, including the Delta variant, the Provincial Government of Siem Reap has announced lockdown measures and other restrictions as follows: Siem Reap Town will be classified as a “Dark Yellow Zone” from September 11, 2021 through September 18, 2021.

“Dark Yellow Zones” are subject to the following restrictions: All individuals within the lockdown areas must not leave their residence for the duration of the lockdown period, with some exceptions. Certain essential businesses may remain open despite the lockdown, but may be subject to stricter requirements, such as minimising their staffing to no more than 2%.

For those traveling to work in essential businesses allowed to remain open during the lockdown, a travel permit from the “Executive Committee to Manage and Lead the Implementation of the Lockdown” is required in addition to an ID and employment certificate.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50934469/us-embassy-issues-alert-over-lockdown-measures-in-siem-reap/

• Confused 1

With respect, as a resident of Siem Reap I have just returned from the City Centre and it was business as usual. Shops, banks, cafes, supermarkets, laundries, hair salons etc. all open. Many people going about their business with cars, motorcycles and tuk-tuks. Most people were wearing facemasks but a few were not. My journey took me from a neighborhood into the city to organize the annual extension to my retirement visa at my official agent. This also included a visit to a busy photography shop for 2 passport photos and to my bank to withdraw the visa fee (cash required). There were no officials that I saw policing such lockdown regulations within the city. Entry to, and exit from, the city is banned and is policed at checkpoints.