Three injured after pickup truck driver crashes into a Pattaya area power pole

snoop1130

S__18202758-768x427.jpg

Three people have sustained injuries after a pickup truck driver collided with a power pole in the Pattaya area early yesterday morning.

The Banglamung Police were notified of the accident at 1:45 A.M. yesterday (September 13th) in the early morning on Motorway 7 Section 5 in Pattaya. TPN media notes this was during a current mandatory Covid-19 curfew and it was unclear if those involved had a permit to be out during the curfew time.

Emergency responders and The Pattaya News reporters arrived at the scene to find a damaged grey pickup truck that had been converted into a tow truck that had collided with a power pole at a curve in the motorway.

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/14/three-injured-after-pickup-truck-driver-crashes-into-a-pattaya-area-power-pole/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

at a curve in the motorway.

Pah those pesky curves, all their  fault, mind you they can do it equally well on a straight road what with microsleeps, drunkness, phone gawking.

Residental homeowners who live near the scene of the accident told Banglamung police they heard a loud engine gunning many times before the pickup truck crashed.

Edited by Rampant Rabbit

I'm tired of all this criticism of Thai drivers. 

If you exclude their inherent inability to go in straight lines, negotiate bends, use indicators, drive at appropriate speeds, obey traffic lights, obey traffic regulations in general, load trucks safely, drive on the correct side of the road, use their lights at night, and their belief that the toy hanging from the rear chassis will distract the evil spirits and make them immune from danger, Thai drivers (especially truck and taxi drivers) are generally as proficient as any suicidal psychopathic lunatic I can think of.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

I'm tired of all this criticism of Thai drivers. 

If you exclude their inherent inability to go in straight lines, negotiate bends, use indicators, drive at appropriate speeds, obey traffic lights, obey traffic regulations in general, load trucks safely, drive on the correct side of the road, use their lights at night, and their belief that the toy hanging from the rear chassis will distract the evil spirits and make them immune from danger, Thai drivers (especially truck and taxi drivers) are generally as proficient as any suicidal psychopathic lunatic I can think of.

Agreed and double that for many motor cyclists particularly the "big bike small brain riders"