Ministry of Tourism pushing for October reopening but some officials apprehensive

webfact

te3.jpg

By Cod Satrusayang

The Minister of Tourism Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn is pushing for an October 1 reopening for Bangkok and surrounding provinces even as officials remain apprehensive due to high infection numbers and the ongoing pandemic, a senior health official told Thai Enquirer on Wednesday.

Phipat told reporters on Tuesday that the country was still on course to open up Bangkok to foreign tourists via the sandbox model by October 1.

Under the plan, Bangkok and surrounding provinces will be opened to vaccinated tourists who can travel freely between Bangkok and other sandbox’ed provinces including Phuket and Samui.

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/32692/ministry-of-tourism-pushing-for-october-reopening-but-some-officials-apprehensive/

ti.jpg
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Phipat told reporters on Tuesday that the country was still on course to open up Bangkok to foreign tourists via the sandbox model by October 1.

Under the plan, Bangkok and surrounding provinces will be opened to vaccinated tourists who can travel freely between Bangkok and other sandbox’ed provinces including Phuket and Samui.

But will BKK be open for onward travel to other destinations, such as other Countries in SE Asia.

Me thinks there will be some restrictions placedm on travellers from BKK, thus making it not such an attractive stop over for many.

34 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Welcome to leper city.

Leper stone from my village in Yorkshire.

The depression in the top held vinegar and the lepers used to put their money in there when paying for goods.

Maybe do the same outside the bars for the unvaccinated?

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 10.15.53.jpg

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Leper stone from my village in Yorkshire.

The depression in the top held vinegar and the lepers used to put their money in there when paying for goods.

Maybe do the same outside the bars for the unvaccinated?

Screen Shot 2021-09-15 at 10.15.53.jpg

Or maybe an afternoon in the stocks.

• Haha 1

I would like these officials to explain how allowing fully vaccinated and tested tourists from countries with relatively low case rates into a country with low vaccination rates and already high case rates would cause a surge in infections? Do they have any logical faculties at all?