TAT to propose just one Covid-19 test for foreign visitors to Thailand

webfact

48 minutes ago, CygnusX1 said:

Seems to me that in the 2nd para he’s saying that if everyone in Thailand were double vaccinated (as is the case for everyone on the arriving flight), and if the number of infections in Thailand was very low, then there might be a case for PCR tests of the passengers, but otherwise not. Only possible objection I can see to this logic is that you might argue that there’s a small risk of an arriving passenger introducing a new strain of virus to Thailand.

I understood it as FINALLY someone realised them 3 pcr tests are major drawback for incoming tourism. Not only price, but whole procedure when for 2 weeks straight someone holding ur balls whispering to ur ear "there is a chance i might screw ur whole vacation" and that someone is not a cute ladyboy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, damascase said:

Bringing the number of tests back to only one, on arrival, isn’t going to make a significant impact on the number of tourists, Just drop the CoE and the insurance requirements, so that vaccinated people can travel to Thailand at will.

Exactly ????????????????????

• Like 1

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Administration to consider letting foreign visitors to Thailand take just one RT-PCR test.

Your getting warmer ????

When you get to visitors can fly in with a visa period then my wife & I will return to our Thai home.

Till then we are fine where we are in the free world

Yes we are vaccinated & to be honest we mainly got vaccinated as we figured it would be required to return to our Thai home

So we wait & while we would like to go now as this is our usual time to spend 3 months in our home there. Sadly we will likely skip another year same as last year.

It is what it is but lets be honest for most of us the juice is just not worth the squeeze

Edited by meechai
  • Like 1

USD 450 on testing - add quite a bit on the travel budget - me thinks.

My piece of advice is, go elsewhere for the time being until they made up their minds, treat and charge equally, do away with some seriously ridiculous rules and laws segregating the holy locals from the dirty alien. 

Over time they will have to realize the word "globalization" and that Thailand, contrary to their belief and what they are being told, is not the centre of the universe - just yet! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CygnusX1 said:

Seems to me that in the 2nd para he’s saying that if everyone in Thailand were double vaccinated (as is the case for everyone on the arriving flight), and if the number of infections in Thailand was very low, then there might be a case for PCR tests of the passengers, but otherwise not. Only possible objection I can see to this logic is that you might argue that there’s a small risk of an arriving passenger introducing a new strain of virus to Thailand.

However no country will reach 100% vax, as children under twelve can become infected, and transmit, and all adults will never be vaxxed for many reasons, so the chances for the risks from the vaxxed passengers is very low.